Putting American flags on police cars sparks backlash in Laguna Beach

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-laguna-beach-police-cars-american-flag-20190413-story.html

A decision to affix an American flag graphic to the side of freshly painted Laguna Beach police cars is dividing residents, who are alternately praising the image as patriotic or panning it as too aggressive.

After hearing the criticism and acknowledging that the image they approved didn’t quite match the final results, officials agreed to reconsider their February decision to paint the Laguna Beach Police Department’s fleet of 11 squad cars. The City Council will take up the issue again at its Tuesday meeting.

More in link...la-1555172729-d4e8pe6d7y-snap-image.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's an American flag. This is America. The police protect Americans. What better symbol could they have? Blue line flag? Rainbow flag? Flag that identifies as a bagel?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
They should get them with middle fingers next time.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
The flag of our nation is too.... aggressive?!?!

I bet if it was some foreign counties flag, it wouldn't be an issue, and would likely be praised.

Rebel

Reaction score
Personally it looks a little off to me. But anyone that complains about the American Flag on a police car needs to GTFO.

Second note: Anyone that complains about an American Flag displayed ANYWHERE needs to GTFO.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Personally it looks a little off to me. But anyone that complains about the American Flag on a police car needs to GTFO.
Sounds like the original person was pissed because it wasn't the previously approved American Flag design. I agree it looks pretty meh, I'd be curious what the original design was.

As far as people being pissed because it's an American Flag design? All I can say is people are idiots.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
I could see if the design was more like this, people would have a legit complaint.

But anyone that is offended by the US flag can just go ahead and get out of the country.

This quote from the article about sums it up:

“They are so filled with hatred toward this ... office of the president of the United States and the current occupant of that office,” she said, “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression.”

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I see a K2 in that pic. :D

As far as those thinking it's too "aggressive"... To the firing squad.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
We had a similar thing in Mt Prospect. Our police symbol has the blue line American flag....the lunatics in Mt Prospect melted down that it is a symbol of white supremacy.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I read about that recently (in the Daily Herald I think) and thought to myself WTF!

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
TDS is so bad that he could single-handledly cure all diseases and people would complain that he put doctors out of work.

Sure the guy can act like a childish moron sometimes, but I don't let it ruin my day and call for his impeachment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom