• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

push behind lawn mower advice

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
any suggestions?

what to look for what to avoid?

i broked my push behind the other day... it's like 16 years old as well, probably just time for a new one.

Bump.

Bought a husqvarna thing with briggs motor. i think.

Last edited:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
If I needed a push mower I'd get a honda

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
make sure its self-propelled. makes life 10x easier :rofl:

you can text and mow!

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
mine used to be self propelled. and then the front wheels started to lock up while pushing it :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I want to say that's the one I have. I've had zero issues. I just didn't drain gas out of for the winter so I had issues starting it this spring.

I agree!!
you have the one that folds and you can hang on your wall?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been Rocking cub cadet for years now, not bad for $250

Update, don't do it. Hunk of shit.....OK, well it did last 15 years ~ hahahahahha

Last edited:

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
You know I was sort of interested in the battery ones as well.

They definitely have my curiosity especially with how far electric stuff has came.

radioguy6

Reaction score
The fold up Toro's are actually pretty neat and save a lot of floor space. But personally, I think Toro quality has declined a lot in the recent decade. Used to sell them and each year they'd get kinda worse. China made everything now. I'm a huge fan of older Toro mowers/power equipment in general. I'm rocking a 1991 Toro. 5.5 Briggs OHV, 3 speed, RWD, aluminum deck, blade clutch. Starts on 1st and runs like a fucking champ. Dat flawless cut each time.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
okay headlights are awesome. :rofl: i'd totally mow in the dark.

my craftsman i have literally done nothing too forever.... same plug. added oil. good to go.

:rofl:

then i hit a tree root the other day that stopped it straight in its path.

blueoval4life

Donating Member
Reaction score
one of the tool sites i read reviewed that a few weeks ago with a pretty good review..

Ego Power Plus Mower & Blower Review

PS I have a Toro and its served me extremely well. new oil and plug every year and it just keeps on tickin..

I want one. But I still have a good working gas mower :-(. Sucks to break down and store though. This thing breaks down in like 5 seconds.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Whatever you get, don't get a mower with fwd. I got one as a homewarming gift from my sister and it's a solid honda but it's fwd. It makes no sense because you are primarily pivoting off of the rear wheels so the fronts aren't down nearly as much and spins half the lawn. Go figure it's a Honda :rofl:

great mower, but if I could have picked one, it wouldn't have been fwd
http://www.lowes.com/pd_421864-63311-961450009_1z10wzi+4294612703__?productId=4346377&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&page=1&facetInfo=Front wheel drive

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Whatever you get, don't get a mower with fwd. I got one as a homewarming gift from my sister and it's a solid honda but it's fwd. It makes no sense because you are primarily pivoting off of the rear wheels so the fronts aren't down nearly as much and spins half the lawn. Go figure it's a Honda :rofl:

great mower, but if I could have picked one, it wouldn't have been fwd
Shop Husqvarna 160cc 22-in Self-Propelled Front Wheel Drive 3 in 1 Gas Push Lawn Mower with Honda Engine and Mulching Capability at Lowes.com
my old one was fwd. when i turned it i just pivoted it on the rear wheels, worked alright i felt.

serb82

Reaction score
Stay away from Koehler engine on anything, I like toro one lasted 14 years, other 7 years old and still going strong, about $400 a machine and well worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom