Purchased a new fishing vessel

Outlaw

Reaction score
Always wanted a little fishing boat for up in Hayward. Nothing fancy, far from it, but last month the opportunity presented itself in the form of an outboard and fuel tank for a good price at an equipment auction.

Was searching on and off for the last month or so and ended up finding this 14 foot aluminum boat and trailer on Facebook marketplace for a really good price. Going to throw the motor on it tomorrow.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sweeeeet, we have one just like it up north.
Enjoy! And slay some walley!!

PANDA

Reaction score
would creep the sandbar with

Outlaw

Reaction score
$1,400 fully rigged, will tow easily behind your Cruze. Come get it rich!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
at least you can see the winch when there isn't anything on the trailer & you go to back up. :rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
A fine vessel she be. christen her with a bottle of champagne of beers cracked across her bow.

Definitely needs a name, for hilariousness sake

Outlaw

Reaction score
Going to hang the outboard today. I haven't ran it yet as I just got the fuel line in a few days ago, so, that should be interesting. Need to dump out the old fuel in the tank and mix a new batch.

I took Friday off of work to go finish working on the big boat, so, I think I'm just going to tow this up there on Friday and drop it in the water for an hour or so to leak test it and give it a putt around the marina.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Fuck yeah thanks [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION]

Got the motor hung yesterday. I was kinda nervous that the outboard would be too short. Turns out the fuel line I bought is for newer tanks, ain't nobody got time fo dat. Hopefully West Marine, etc has one on the shelf I can use and get the engine fired up in a garbage can today and make sure it's good to go. Going to water test it tomorrow if all goes well.

Motor from last night and some better pictures of it.

PANDA

Reaction score
Frank if you need outboard parts hit up D's Marine in McHenry. They stock a lot of everything for everything.

fuck west marine

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was trying to zoom in on the truck to see if he got the snowblower out of the back of it. :s00ls:

Nice little boat to leave up North though!

Outlaw

Reaction score
I was trying to zoom in on the truck to see if he got the snowblower out of the back of it. :s00ls:

Nice little boat to leave up North though!
I did! My buddy stopped by and got suckered into helping me get it out and on the shelf in my garage lol.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to water test it yet. Bought a new fuel line for it, got the engine running great using the ol' garbage can method. Shifts F-N-R perfectly. Only things left to do are replace the recoil rope, change the gear lube in the lower unit and scrounge up the required safety equipment from my parents basement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom