Pulled over What to do??

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Did you guys not see where he posted that he didn't have time to go to court so he just paid?

Holy crap ive been in class all day calm the fuck down. I never went to court i didnt have time. I would have missed 3 classes. I paid their bull crap which btw they don't make payments easy. And.i wrote them and the essex police department a letter letting them know im still.gunna speed and not care.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Holy crap ive been in class all day calm the fuck down. I never went to court i didnt have time. I would have missed 3 classes. I paid their bull crap which btw they don't make payments easy. And.i wrote them and the essex police department a letter letting them know im still.gunna speed and not care.

C'mon, what happened in court? This thread needs closure.

Everybody play nice. I want to know what happened.

Of course, if we don't get a real court report, I guess we will have to make some up.

Aren't court records public knowledge? Someone go to wherever Essex does their courts and figure out what the verdict was.

Based on the fact that you couldn't find an exact match in the records, it's possible that the story, or parts of it, are fabricated. Maybe he's not 23 like he says...who knows.

But, if he paid the ticket and didn't go to court, we already know that IF this really happened, the verdict was guilty.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
I surely in the hell am not reading thru this entire thread, but I know one thing that has been a delight the couple times I've rightfully received a speeding ticket over the past 10 or 11 years has been the good ol' lawyer. Both times I was speeding, both times I exercised my right to an attorney and both times I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Not bashing you but isn't that more expensive than taking the class, or was that not an option?

Sometimes a little extra money is worth and out weighs my time, attending a court date, taking time off work, the general hassle dealing with the law, etc etc.

Look at it this way. I'd rather make a quick stop at the lawyer's office, say hello, drop off the citation, make a payment of $225 (lets say for speeding for example) and not have to do or worry about ANYTHING else. All I do after that is wait for a letter to come in the mail from the lawyer's office stating that a "not guilty" plea was made on my behalf, my case has been closed and all fines/costs have been paid. And nothing is added to my driving record.

I'm more satisfied with that lawyer route over taking the time off work to attend a court date, paying a fine/court costs, possibly having to take some class, etc etc, and its all a big hassle. And by the time spent dealing with the law yourself, you're going to have spent at least a hundred and some odd dollars on a fine, court costs and/or a class fee anyways.

Doesn't going to the lawyer seem like the better route now?

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Lawyers charge by the hour and their rate is usually in the hundreds. My dad consulted a lawyer for a breach of contract issue from his business and the rate was $300 an hour.

Buisness and civil disputes are a completely different breed of Lawyer.

I've seen a number of flat-rate traffic court lawyers, the system is fairly cut and dry when it comes to driving infractions.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Oh look. Mr GTO strikes again! Way to tell them cops what's up.

s-MICHAEL-BAKER-FACEBOOK-large.jpg

:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info