Reaction score
alright guys before you say anything i bought this camaro for 1$ yes one dollar

it needs alot of bodywork for sure, but most of it is surface rust

runs beautifully!!! only 90,000 miles and it has a v8 305

also anyone know how to adjust the speedometer, its off by about 8 mph

Last edited:

PANDA

Reaction score
looks like its gonna need more work that its worth.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
That's what i keep telling him....unless he wants to dump like a couple K into the car, there's no point, sell that shit.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I see potential in the car. It's not too bad.

I bought a 1984 Camaro for $100 when I was 17. It had a hacked-together 350 and a bad radiator. I went in the deal with a buddy that I worked with at an oil change shop, and we kept the car at work. Well, we never touched the car over a few months and eventually they needed to repave the lot.

So we were moving the Camaro out of the lot and my buddy decided to push it into a ditch. It hit a tree, made a lot of noise and the neighbors called the cops. Long story short, I ended up in court for illegal dumping charges, which were dropped, and now there's a "No Dumping" sign next to that tree. Many poop jokes were made.

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
lol its really just the body, i took auto body for a year so i know how to sand it down and get it ready for paint, and i have a budyd who works at a paint shop so im set.

PANDA

Reaction score
SO this is gonna be your 10 second car.

CamaroSS

Banned
Reaction score
:werd:
Getting that thing worthy to drive on a road is one thing. Making it a 10sec car is another.
:werd: i dont see the purpose overall to make it a 10 second car. i can see a 12 -13 second car nicely done. dont know about that whole 10 second race car when you start with that.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
If you want a 10 second car, strip it down to only the shell...and sell everything off of it. Bumpers, fenders, wheels, dash, seats...everything.

All that will have to be replaced anyway. Put the thing up on blocks so all the suspension and driveline off because you won't be using any of it unlees you like breaking things.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Although it can be done with this car, 80's F-bodys are still common, and you can pick-up a decent body one with a blown motor or trans for cheap, then build from there, instead of doing both a drive-train and a looks build

PANDA

Reaction score
Alot of mechanical questions from a person that is going to build a race-car by himself.

LSx S10

Reaction score
:) correct... different motor though

if the rear brakes are locked up, just drop the rear end out of it and junk the whole thing. theres no way you could use that rear end if your planning on making a 10 sec car out of it. and if that is the case you might as well do what Ron said and strip the entire car and start from scratch. whats your budget on this project?

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
if the rear brakes are locked up, just drop the rear end out of it and junk the whole thing. theres no way you could use that rear end if your planning on making a 10 sec car out of it. and if that is the case you might as well do what Ron said and strip the entire car and start from scratch. whats your budget on this project?
ya i know.

nobody noticed that this post is a YEAR old lol

moviebuff

Basically, I like movies
Reaction score
ya i know.

nobody noticed that this post is a YEAR old lol
that's probably the point... a year later and nothing different.....

p.s. you've had this car for like 4 years.... yet u expect to have it finished in a couple of months.

maybe instead of spending time smoking with ur 17 yr old going nowhere friends u should probably get busy on the fucking car... just a thought

p.s.s. did ur badass friend sean runaway from home yet? he's so badass

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom