🔧 BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

General Information

Hi all, I bought this Pro Street 1967 Camaro. It had a 502 BBC crate engine and 8-71 supercharger. I have this driveline sold and it's getting pulled immediately.

LS + turbo is the plan. Maybe I'll keep it big tire and see who will want to grab a lane....

Current pic:
anthon ypic.jpg
View attachment 169378
Reactions: Rico and sktchy

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
This coming weekend I'll put the one ladder bar I pulled off back on, since the new setup requires fabwork of the diagonal track locater bar AFTER the car is squared up.

Then I can run the car over to Eddie and let him bang out the squaring up the car and the little bit of welding.

Other than pulling a rear coil over to figure out if I have the best length shock (and rear springs which might result in me ordering up a different set), I'd be done on suspension for now other than... hmm limiters. I might need limiters too dammit.

Reactions: HellPIG

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I drove the #hairybanana out to my friend Eddie V in Mt. Prospect, an excellent fabrication guy, welder extraordinaire and bonus used to crew for Spiros.

He's gonna swap the rear suspension out for me this week, which I could have done but I can't weld and that's crucial on 1-2 aspects.

Here is it is outside on the 295/65 meats.
nana.jpg

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Thanks, we planned to lower the car a little I need to take a side pic and share that.

At this point I am DONE with fabrication (well except in future adding a window net).

I still need to get an alignment in.

I'd also like to paint the trunk lid flat black it's purple now, any body shop guys out there can fill in some holes in this fiberglass lid (had wing), and then paint it nothing fancy?

Reactions: strtcar and Spivitz

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Thanks, we planned to lower the car a little I need to take a side pic and share that.

At this point I am DONE with fabrication (well except in future adding a window net).

I still need to get an alignment in.

I'd also like to paint the trunk lid flat black it's purple now, any body shop guys out there can fill in some holes in this fiberglass lid (had wing), and then paint it nothing fancy?
bondo and rattle can SEM trim paint, lol....Thats what I did to my hood, relocated the hood pins from previous owner. It looks pretty good for now until I figure out the rest of the paint/body mods.

1636401262686.png

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Nice thaks for sharing, hope to check out your car sometime too.

There is a local body shop I might try for the deck lid, fill the wing holes sand it, see where they end up. First I need to try to bend the hood and trunk a bit, a buddy said a trick is to use sand bags to push on the fiberglass. I could pain my front nose panel (has stripes) that would look a lot better I think.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Allow myself to introduce... myself.

This round of fabrication by Eddie V in Mt. Prospect (who I highly reccomend) was:

• Swap ladder bars from 30 year old poly end style ones to rod end ones
  • Eddie welded/measured/fabricated the diagonal track locater bar
  • Centered and squared everything
  • Checked pinion angle, we are good
  • Added nutcerts for brake and fuel lines YESSSS
I took the long way home and drove all over since this might the be last time before salt/snow, put 2 hours on it. I'm at 9 hours total of street driving.

Here it is in all it's 295/65 rear tire glory.
nana 1.jpg

Thread Info