BUILD PSJ's 1967 LS Turbo Camaro Build

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Possible to share phone vids on here? I have some on FB.

Full send would be great Brian, maybe next drive we'll get into some boost. Tomorrow or Sat we will wrench and fix a few little issues we noticed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If the vids are public, I can link them from fb real quick.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Not as loud outside, once I drive it more, I'm going to decide whether I weld in a bullet muffler into the down pipe.

Later today we (my buddy Jim) will address a couple of issues that cropped up during the test drive... shifter linkage, raise the back of the car up 2 inches, swap out 02 sensor (this one was old from a buddy), maybe finish wiring up the trans brake and 2 step. Would be nice to drive it again today.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
We got it running a while ago, but I had a list of tasks that needed completing, so I brought the car over to some new friends over in Mount Prospect. They fixed a few welding issues, added a muffler to the down pipe, tinned out the rear package tray, lowered front of the car, and other things I'm forgetting in the moment. When it leaves there, it's all done except for some more tuning. Also have a LC9 block over with Graham @ Fast Times for him to build for me.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sits pretty, can't wait to see the
"launch" video

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Stopped by the Hairy Banana yesterday, this is how the car sits now.

About 99% done, needs the tune finished, and ladder bars swapped, and an alignment.

Goal is to cruise the heck out of the car and go for a low 8 second pass in 2021. Getting low 8s will take some work.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Jeff, he's on FB and we all chat here and there. But I have not seen him in person for a while. Maybe we need a 2010 cookout meet!

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
I have a fiberglass front bumper I can put on the car, would have lightweight brackets made... hmmm

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Did some remote tuning last week, cleaned up start up and idle tune, fixed IAC counts, runs nice. Going to do some work on the cooling system (change lower rad lower hose, thoroughly bleed the system) as we think it has a lot of air in it. Due to salt on the road, we are holding off on street tuning until they are clean.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Fixed cooling system, should be all good.

Just changed my master cylinder to smaller bore model, I was not digging the pedal feel and breaking with the one I first put on. Waiting for some little parts, will bleed brakes, and hopefully drive car around for 20-30 minutes this weekend.

OP
Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Productive Sunday.

Fixed my brake light switch issue, brake lights were staying on. Simple fix, lubed pedal bracket, adjusted the plunger switch and spaced out the brake push rod a bit too.

Put my dash back together:

I guess as soon as I free up I'll just drive the car some and see how she does. I did find another thing to fix but I'll leave that for a future post. Not super hard to deal with, just a pain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom