Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I set Darkness Mobile as the forum default skin. I did this because of how often I'm sharing site links to Facebook. Most will be coming from FB via their phone and I wanted the site to present itself in the best possible form.

Darkness Desktop and Darkness Mobile are near identical in functionality. But there are some visual differences.

What this means for you? If you have NOT set your default forum skin (either from the User CP or from the bottom left of the site), you will default to Mobile. HOWEVER, all you have to do is manually change the skin once, and you'll never have to worry again.

Disclaimer - I think because of Cloudflare, the site wont always accept a skin change the first time. If it doesnt, just keep trying until it does. I was able to jump back and forth all afternoon.

So again, before you guys lose your collective minds, you are not forced to use Darkness Mobile. You are free to change it at any time.

Disclaimer 2 - If you use the drop down at the bottom left of the site while on a computer, you can set that browser to use Desktop. If you do the same from you phone, you can choose a different skin. You do not have to be tied to one skin on ALL devices :)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
:hsugh: quick reply box has always been white. its just wider now.

You know what it is...

I went down and changed it back to darkness desktop (which is what I have always been in), and it changed the quick reply box back to a little square and not this long rectangular box that just had a lot of white which is what was throwing me off.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
dByBgTQ.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If this is your first time trying it, it is likely the issue I mentioned where the site wont let you. The fix is just to keep selecting desktop from the bottom left (or bottom center) and forcing it to switch eventually. It will. I can go and manually do it for you too I think.

Edit: I set it to desktop on my end. Maybe that will help.

Thread Info