protein pasta?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
anyone tried these? wasn't aware it existed until somewhat recently. you can make it out of various plants but soy and edamame seem the best in terms of total amount of protein vs. calories.

i think soy has a better amino acid profile but once you are to the point of processing the food into flour i'm not sure what that means. eg. comparing 100g of cooked soybeans to 100g of cooked edamame doesn't seem the same as comparing their flours. i didn't try them back to back but the edamame i think tasted a little better. no problem incorporating either into my diet though.

these seem like an awesome pasta option as you can still have it but the calories are lower than regular pasta and the protein is way higher. eg. 50g serving of this is 21g protein vs 10 or less for regular pasta. regular pasta has 40g+ carbs 2g fiber but this has a total of 31, of which 11 is fiber. my past noodle cheat has been with shirataki noodles - but they are sad and bland. you can't digest them so they are just chew filler and definitely not a replacement for pasta. the more naked they are as a filler the more sad. as rice it's decent to beef up volume for a rice dish or to half the calories of one. they don't hit any spaghetti kind of craving though.

meanwhile these do, i could happily eat these frequently especially given the protein vs. calories and the volume they take up. there are some on amazon although some seem less protein rich (lentils and other things) either depending on the veg or how they are made. the macros on my filipino brand are great, but they also don't sell anywhere outside of the philippines.

PXL_20220412_053535861 (1).jpeg

PXL_20220412_053050155 (1).jpeg

one available for you fellas on US amazon is this, which seems to have even better macros:

that being said i'm curious how much goes into the art of making the pasta and how the flavor profile can differ on these. 24g for 180 calories and 56g of spaghetti though is pretty awesome. my local cost here if i get them directly per 200g oz box is about 43 cents/oz. bulk boy amazon box above is 0.57/oz. (2x 1.1lb packs). bit disappointed i appear unable to find it at all in thailand from any source.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How is the taste? Consistency? Of this pasta?
kinda hard for me to describe really except i had a preference for the edamame. if you look at some on amazon you'll find people either pretty happy or complain it's not pasta enough or it's "dry" although i'm not sure that's the right word to choose for it. you are not going to trick any italians or pasta lovers into thinking this is "real pasta" - but if you are looking to have pasta in your diet and trying to lose weight / maintain it / build muscle, etc. it's somewhere between good enough and fantastic. my filipino 21g protein on 195 cals is 84/195 cals or 43% [veg] protein - that's really pretty solid. that's like a [good] protein bar ratio of protein to calories.

Reactions: frank

Kepa

Jun 13, 2019
better use steroids:D
Ask them if they ship to your country.. where they ship from. For licensed products, stay away people shipping from Bulgaria (they are the biggest fake pharmaceutical manufacturer) it's all fake. Check your supplier in forums.
https://jbhnews.com/winstrol-steroid-benefits-dosage-cycling-facts-and-many-side-effects/29985/
if you want to risk your health by using under ground products , stay away from Chinese companies . Or shipping from China.. ask them where the parcel comes from ā€¦

Some forums has full of positive reviews on some Chinese gears. Stay away! The communities are building around the companies .. they put worst quality products made by some Chinese guy and push products all over the world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• sickmint79
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list