OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So. The battleship needs a prop.

I'm torn between spending the money on stainless, buying a new aluminum or getting the one I have now repaired.

Also, if going stainless I'm thinking of going to a 4 blade from 3 and dropping 1-2" of pitch. I'd like the boat to get out of the hole a bit better and a lower planing speed. Both those would be useful on the big lake.

I think fox 14 marina does prop repair by panda's place. there's also fox lake propeller right down the street from the harbor off of rt 12

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have sent a few aluminum props my dad fucked up on his toon over to the guys at Fox 14. They repair them for $60 and they look new. I found out they actually send them out to M&G propeller in Gilberts. Not sure how much 14 is making on them but $60 seems reasonable and it beats driving to Gilberts to possibly save a few bucks.

I have 4 blades on both the toon and PQ. After running both I like the 4-blades more. I feel they give better low and mid range but take a few mph off the top. I don't care, both those boats are slow. I am about that gas mileage.

I know you got me using BBlades for props. Id contact them and see what they suggest. I mean you probably will never fuck up the prop again being on lake Michigan so I would go stainless.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I took the prop off the boat yesterday. Decided I'm going to have it repaired for now to save money. I can trim it up enough to swap it in the water if I decide to shell out some money for a new one during the season. Dropping it off at airmarine in the city on my way home. All the places up by the boat have crap hours I can't make and are closed on sundays.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info