Crown Custom Coatings Mega Thread

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Can I bring wheels with the tires still mounted for powder coating? How much? Another local powder coating company is doing 4 wheels for $200 total, any color.

What are your thoughts on powder coating brakes? Do you do them? Do you recommend paint instead?

Wheel Guy

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Oct 20, 2015
Can I bring wheels with the tires still mounted for powder coating? How much? Another local powder coating company is doing 4 wheels for $200 total, any color.

What are your thoughts on powder coating brakes? Do you do them? Do you recommend paint instead?

Yes, you can bring wheels with tires on, we can dismount and remount and balance. We usually $150 but I am now charging members $110/wheel. I dont want to go too far into the $200/set company, but I can say we are a wheel company and give a lifetime warranty on our workmanship and finishes. I straighten, repair (rash, bends, cracks, etc), strip, sand blast, hand prep, then powder coat and clear.
We do brake calipers as well, just ask that you remove anything you dont want melted in our oven. i always say powder over paint unless its an extremely tough color to match.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Thanks for the response.

How hard would it be to do calipers that had a design on them? Something simple like this?

v8-audi-r8-by-vorsteiner-wheels-supercars-show-(6).jpg

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Yes, you can bring wheels with tires on, we can dismount and remount and balance. We usually $150 but I am now charging members $110/wheel. I dont want to go too far into the $200/set company, but I can say we are a wheel company and give a lifetime warranty on our workmanship and finishes. I straighten, repair (rash, bends, cracks, etc), strip, sand blast, hand prep, then powder coat and clear.
We do brake calipers as well, just ask that you remove anything you dont want melted in our oven. i always say powder over paint unless its an extremely tough color to match.

My wheels were refinished by that $200/set company and I an not happy with them at all. How much to have them looked at and maybe refinished because I have a vibration around 75 mph that I can not get rid of and it is not the tires.

Wheel Guy

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Oct 20, 2015
My wheels were refinished by that $200/set company and I an not happy with them at all. How much to have them looked at and maybe refinished because I have a vibration around 75 mph that I can not get rid of and it is not the tires.

Bring them in bud. We'll check them out. Sounds like they need to be straightened. If possible, I'll straighten without ruining the finish, but that all depends on how bent they are. Either way, you'll get the Chicago Garage hook up. We can pick them up if that's any help.
Thanks.
Paul

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Bring them in bud. We'll check them out. Sounds like they need to be straightened. If possible, I'll straighten without ruining the finish, but that all depends on how bent they are. Either way, you'll get the Chicago Garage hook up. We can pick them up if that's any help.
Thanks.
Paul

Cool. I am not worried about the finish because at least one if not all four will be going back to be refinshed under their lifetime warranty because of crap work. I am just undecided if I really want to put any more time money and effort into these wheels or just dump them and buy a new set. Six in one hand, half dozen in the other.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)

Funny you mention that.. I also have a vibration, and I've had them balanced. Thought it was an axle taking a crap until I put the winter setup on.

Wheel Guy

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Oct 20, 2015
Do you refinish chrome wheels?

We do. Are you looking to have them re chromed? Or stripped and powder coated? Charges and turnaround are very different for each.

Stripped and Re-chroming can take up to 5 weeks to get back from Cali.
stripped and powder coated is a few days, sometimes next day depending on the current chrome finish and the condition of the alloy beneath the chrome.

Re-chroming a set of 18"-20" wheels is typically about $800-$900

Stripping old chrome and prepping/repairs and powder coating is usually $125-$175 depending on size and condition.

These service all include wheel straightening, repairs like curb rash, bends, and cracks, sand blasting, prepping..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info