3800 Project: what is it doing? Cavalier L67 swap runs!

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah, first off, sorry, I've been just swamped over here to the point where I can't even anymore.

I don't even know where I got started with seeing that Sean dude's stuff, I think I got tagged on it by a PBC friend, Whole lots of drama stuff happened after I watched the car drive out of my driveway. The only thing missing was it needed (DHP) to write the Cavi VIN on the PCM so the air bag or abs or something system would play nice, as well as a dyno tune. It did not get a dyno tune, it got a canned GP tune that wiped out the gauge cluster functionality; since no class 2 data, along with a few more "and then's" and at least one "oil on the ground" massive engine failure after 50 miles and pushing a 6500rpm shift past the misfire that will "either clear up or blow up".

It's my mistake for letting the goalposts keep moving and not pushing back and saying engine swap only (after doing my best to put a project outline together as engine swap only) when I don't have a means or experience with tuning and relying on the owner to take it to a dyno. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have taken the project on given the whole 'time to start a family' situation. I know it might not make a lot of sense, but if you met this person you would understand; if you have two kids under 4 you'd understand.

I think that's where this Sean guy comes into the picture, does an engine R&R plus more bolt ons, and starts taking credit for the "build". I'm more than happy to offload responsibility here. But it really rubs me the wrong way when somebody claims "start to finish" as if a 3800 and 4t65 simply bolts on to a Cavalier.

In other news - the L67 Montana has like 30,000 miles on it already.... time to rebuild the 4t65 again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info