3800 "Professional" advice

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 2 2005, 03:17 AM
....where do i get my exhaust manifolds ported???  or do i buy them sepearate???
[snapback]99507[/snapback]​
give ron vogal a buzz send hima pm, i know hes busy withalot of them , but if your not in to much of a rush , his work is worth the wait, and gain you really need to decide what your doing withthe car before u get ported mani's ona gt theres not much of a gain anyways(no boost to need alot less back pressure.

decide and then post, and we'll point you in the right direction,

just make sure ur willing to spend so real dough to be quick

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
give ron vogal a buzz send hima pm, i know hes busy withalot of them , but if your not in to much of a rush , his work is worth the wait, and gain you really need to decide what your doing withthe car before u get ported mani's ona gt theres not much of a gain anyways(no boost to need alot less back pressure.

decide and then post, and we'll point you in the right direction,

just make sure ur willing to spend so real dough to be quick
[snapback]99512[/snapback]​
[/quote]

...i want my car to be right around the 300 HP range.....give or take 20 hp.......does that help??
and i know i need to spend money.......

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Fish@Oct 2 2005, 05:09 PM
You can use a turbo kit with a stock setup. The turbo kits usually come with everything it needs to be ran daily.

Here is a link for the car tuning turbo kit. It also has the downpipe, ubend, and cat, and a PCM for the setup. So theres some mods you wont need to buy. :D

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Scre...ry_Code=GPUNDER
[snapback]99545[/snapback]​
yeah the turbo kit will get you there, i mean thats only a hundred ponies, the turbo kit and maybe even a turbo cam will handle that, i dont know if the kit comes with injectors, but im pretty sure that the gt injectors dont flow enough

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 2 2005, 09:08 PM
it pictures 6 injectors :-D what would installation cost me???? does anyone on here do the installs??
[snapback]99580[/snapback]​

If you get it installed figure it is going to be at least 50% of the cost of the kit. About $70-$80 an hour in labour, 10 hours or so install time...

You could do it yourself for almost the entire kit with hand tools. About the only thing you would need help on would be the tapping of the oil pump for feed oil, and a return to the oil pan.

Other than that its not too diffuclt to replace injecotrs, or install exhaust headers. the turbo is essentailly a bolt on from there. If it comes with a PCM that is a two minute job.

If you get the kit id be more than happy to help you out, if im still in Chicago when that happens.

BC

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 6 2005, 09:06 PM
im still debating....i might keep it N/A and just do other mods to make it quicker........i would imagine i can get it up to 250 HP without a supercharger or turbo.........
[snapback]100154[/snapback]​
Not to burst your bubble, but it will cost you a lot more to do it NA vs. forced induction. Only the top NA guys that have been wrenching their cars for a few years have hit 250WHP. Even 200WHP is a big chunk of change.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Oct 6 2005, 10:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Oct 6 2005, 09:06 PM
im still debating....i might keep it N/A and just do other mods to make it quicker........i would imagine i can get it up to 250 HP without a supercharger or turbo.........
[snapback]100154[/snapback]​
Not to burst your bubble, but it will cost you a lot more to do it NA vs. forced induction. Only the top NA guys that have been wrenching their cars for a few years have hit 250WHP. Even 200WHP is a big chunk of change.
[snapback]100157[/snapback]​
[/b]
my car already has 200HP.......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Oct 6 2005, 10:23 PM
-18-21% for auto.............

Wheel HorsePower is different then engine HP.....

Your GT has 200hp at the engine.....not the wheels...
[snapback]100161[/snapback]​

Correct. Usually the average L36/L26 will put down 160 to the wheels.

If you want to keep it N/A, Ive already said it. Get the GT1 cam. If you have money to burn, ZZP/Stattama turbo or CT turbo. Either or will do. Or you can paypal me and Ill take care of it. :p

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Best bang for the buck is a turbo setup. I know someone selling a Stage 3 stroker motor though, so I might buy that and sell it because I can get a huge deal on it. Personally I would do a turbo though. Either take the car to ZZP and have them do it, or I can talk to Matt and see if he can piece together a kit for me to install for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info