đź’¦ Detailing Product and Tool Reviews

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The PFM is by far the best drying towel I have. Dries my cars with no problem. Absorbs lots of water with no water left behind. Doesn't even need to be rung out. No other drying towel I own comes close. Not the Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth, several versions od waffle, and so on.

I want to buy a second one, but the price is steep at almost $40.

Anyone want to buy some gently used drying towels? Washed only with Wolfgang microfiber wash. 4 towels for $40 shipped? lol

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Well that's not what I want to hear :rofl: I just bought a tiny bottle tho

use it in a separate bucket when you clean your wheels and tires.

I bought Adam's iron remover. I've never used such a product. Well see. Probably wait a week or 2 for ceramic spray to wear off a bit

Depending on the Ceramic spray, the iron remover may not affect it.
are you using the iron remover on the Camaro ?

The PFM is by far the best drying towel I have. Dries my cars with no problem. Absorbs lots of water with no water left behind. Doesn't even need to be rung out. No other drying towel I own comes close. Not the Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth, several versions od waffle, and so on.

I want to buy a second one, but the price is steep at almost $40.

Anyone want to buy some gently used drying towels? Washed only with Wolfgang microfiber wash. 4 towels for $40 shipped? lol

CG stuff seems to be good for the weekend warrior.
I don't have rinsing issues with the Honeydew snow foam ( I use it in a foam cannon for extra lubrication when washing with a mitt ) but it seems like their products are falling short in some categories.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't have rinsing issues with the Honeydew snow foam ( I use it in a foam cannon for extra lubrication when washing with a mitt ) but it seems like their products are falling short in some categories.

I have their Honeydew snow foam and GlossWorkz auto wash. I am happy with them both.

The CG Woolly Mammoth drying towels were a huge letdown, to be honest. At least compared to the PFM towel. They are super soft but don't absorb nearly as much water.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
use it in a separate bucket when you clean your wheels and tires.

Depending on the Ceramic spray, the iron remover may not affect it.
are you using the iron remover on the Camaro ?

Yes. That's all I really care about. Lmao.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have their Honeydew snow foam and GlossWorkz auto wash. I am happy with them both.

The CG Woolly Mammoth drying towels were a huge letdown, to be honest. At least compared to the PFM towel. They are super soft but don't absorb nearly as much water.

it's weird.
My neighbor brought his dad's challenger home on Friday.
We had a mission to remove line paint from the car ( unseccessful with the vaseline ).
He clayed it an applied TW seal and shine last week.
The car was dusty, and he rinsed it before a wash, beads and sheets water FAST.
Wash with gloos workz and the water has a difficult time sheeting and very little beading.

Glad it works for you though, maybe just a bad bottle ? :dunno:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
it's weird.
My neighbor brought his dad's challenger home on Friday.
We had a mission to remove line paint from the car ( unseccessful with the vaseline ).
He clayed it an applied TW seal and shine last week.
The car was dusty, and he rinsed it before a wash, beads and sheets water FAST.
Wash with gloos workz and the water has a difficult time sheeting and very little beading.

Glad it works for you though, maybe just a bad bottle ? :dunno:

I use the Honeydew on the 911 and Glossworkz on the BMW and Lightning. I think the Glossworkz works ok. But I would lie if I said I pay much attention when washing and rinsing the BMW & Lightning. No major issues using it at least.

I guess I can pay attention the next time I use it. But it isn't exactly a fair comparison as the BMW does not have a ceramic coating where the 911 has a coating as well as an application of Beadmaker. But I will pay attention next time I was the BMW and see if I see anything come to my attention.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
About time, lol. I love watching your reviews on new products

It's tough to find test subjects and it sucks to hoard products that I use once.

With that said, the Nextzett glass sealant is not cheap, its $30 for 200 ml. As you can see in the video, not alot is needed.
It wipes off SUPER EASY with the damp MF towel.
My dad washed his truck on Saturday and said the glass and the paint was almost dry after just rinsing the soap. Leaf blower took care of the rest.
I will see how long it lasts. Hope to have a follow up video in a few months.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
How long does a single application last and how well is it supposed to work while driving in the rain for beading/sheeting water off?

I’ve been using the Aerolon Techshine which is also super easy to apply. For rain it works fantastic. 70mph in a downpour with spray coming off other vehicles and didn’t need to use wipers. However when it is just listing out it doesn’t bead off as effectively and wipers are needed. After a few hours of that it seems the coating starts to wear off.

Would like a specialized product that will hold up to that kind of abuse.

The Aerolon on the paint does hold up for a long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info