đź’¦ Detailing Product and Tool Reviews

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
i bought a Dirt Devil easy steam steam cleaner. Pros it works great. Cons it doen't suck up anything only dispenses steam. I found the super heated water works great for cleaning off dirt/grease/ink/stains. You would just need to use a shop vac or clean towels to dry up any wetness. The steam itself is almost totally dry, but when doing it over and over to get out stubborn stuff it gets damp. It works great on plastics and vinyl, the softer stuff works too but is labor intensive. You get back what you put into it I think. A small not well shown before and after. In real life the before was extended stay in a junk yard bad.

Attachments

• dirt-devil-portable-steam-cleaners-pd20005-64_1000.jpg
    dirt-devil-portable-steam-cleaners-pd20005-64_1000.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20181228_111243.jpg
    20181228_111243.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 20181227_171802.jpg
    20181227_171802.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 154

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
yeah, I dont want to spend huge doll hairs on the Defalsco ( sp ? ) unit that can tell you the individual depth / thickness of the clear, base and primer layers.

This unit should suffice + a little common sense.
will not work on fiber glass or CF, only metal surfaces.

Some interesting readings on the tailgate that I got from [MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION]
and the paint on my tool box only measures .7 mils :rofl:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Currently using an electric Ryobi 1600psi 1.2gpm
Orifice size for the 25* and 40* nozzles is 3.0 ( per recommendations from Obsessed Garage's PW series of videos ).
Both Foam cannons have the 1.1mm orifice to thicken up the foam.

I have a video discussing the newer hose which is a flexzilla from Farm and Fleet and an MTM SGS28 pressure gun with swiveling quick disconnect ( this gun is from obsessed garage also ).

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I was looking at the ryobi stuff. The lower gpm doesnt seem to be an issue for the foam cannons?

The 1.1mm orifice corrects the "watery" foam concerns with an entry level electric PW

What size is that sprayer

iK foam 9 using the orange fitting / supply tube

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
it's my neighbors car, so yeah after the test it received a fresh application.

i also used it as a drying aid on my truck. The gloss is awesome and it does real well on glass. The Ech2o + reload streaks like a MF. a second dry MF towel is a necessity with that concoction.

Will see how it holds up over a coated surface

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
The Ech2o + reload streaks like a MF. a second dry MF towel is a necessity with that concoction.

Thats odd. I haven't had any issues w/ my mix. But I am using it on my coated bmw so maybe that makes a difference. I go over the whole car w/ it after I've blown most of the water off w/ my leaf blower to be rid of any of the leftover water spots.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I'm interested to hear how it does on your truck.

I also have the same experience with cquartz not beading on the sides/doors of my truck where the the road spray hits it. I hand wash my truck but dont hand dry it.

it definitely beads. will be posting a video to IG at some point this week.
Truck is @ Crown now, I will be washing it this weekend so I will report back on how it handles being washed with Reset

Thats odd. I haven't had any issues w/ my mix. But I am using it on my coated bmw so maybe that makes a difference. I go over the whole car w/ it after I've blown most of the water off w/ my leaf blower to be rid of any of the leftover water spots.

I use it on my coated truck and another coated vehicle that I see for bi weekly washes.
I'm assuming its from the reload.
I too use it after the blower removes most water. Damp MF WW drying towel used to dry with the aid.

Now I will be changing over the the rag company's twistress....twisted loop drying towel ( look like the same compared to griot's pfm towel )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info