đź’¦ Detailing Product and Tool Reviews

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I washed the c5 today and decided to try the Megs ceramic detailer until some of the products I ordered come in. I used the Adam's foam cannon soap and let it soak, washed with megs gold class soap and hand dried. Then, applied the quick detailer.

Overall, as easy to use as any quick detailer. Spray on and wipe off. Left a very slick feel to the paint, and a pretty good shine. There was no steaking or any issue I had using this product. I paid 17 bucks at AutoZone for the stuff and didn't have to use much at all to get the job done. I wouldn't hesitate to use this stuff again on any car.

20200510_121812.jpg

20200510_121755.jpg

20200510_121804.jpg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
three product reviews here.

Meguiar's Iron X removal https://www.meguiars.com/profession...-clay-industrial-fallout-iron-remover-without - not a fan, and next time staying with Car pros iron X, will be trying the eagle one version soon as it is only about $10.00 a bottle or less.

Meguiar's hybrid liquid ceramic wax https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...-wax-long-lasting-ceramic-protection-easy-use - not real ceramic coating one wold say but it went on very smooth, hazed nicely, and removal was a breeze with it. i went this route as its my daily and sees a tunnel wash a 1-2 times a week depending on weather conditions.

have also used Meguiar's hybrid ceramic spary https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...easy-use-ceramic-wax-protection-g190526-26-oz wash your car, spray this on while the car is wet and then you micro fiber dry your car still wet and product on it, received a free bottle of it a back in april and for a every day driver it works great can also use it a spray wax.

I tend to always go towards Meguiar's products as I have great experiences with them, and i can pick them up locally is need to like M105 and M205, NXT 2.0 and cant go wrong with their Endurance tire dressing.

Reactions: greasy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

I should've known Gav would have me covered :LOL: I know you touched it on it in the video but do you think a polishing pad would be a better route than the gloss pad? Despite my best efforts my car has accumulated its share of swirls and water spots again. Not sure the soft gloss pad would do enough work.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Just 1 layer of CSL

I plan to do CSL + Exo on Barney soon.

Looks like it has real nice hydrophobic properties... why do you wanna recoat barney if you coated it wolfgang uber? Just curious as I have never used that product? I've had customers who have had only exo on who nice weather daily them and exo still beads up amazing after 5 years.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
the WG is almost 4 years old. I used the Nanolex Wash Coat last year as a foam on, rinse off "topper."
WG detail spritz and Bead Mark as drying aids. Also tired the Autofanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer too.

With all of that said the car needs to be polished. It looks great in pictures but it was swirls and love marks.
The 2 shops had to have wiped the car down at some point. The fenders and the driver door have marks that I know I did not put there.

Reactions: Bird1989

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Gave my BMW interior a good clean today. It was LONG overdue. Finally gave me a chance to try out the Colourlock leather care kit on my steering wheel and see what it could do.

Not pictured: The colourlock cleaning brush, which really lets you get into the leather when you're using the cleaner
4Bzbch0.jpg

So this is what I was starting out with. Don't judge me.

kTTpqor.jpg

Yeah. I know. But hey, look at that turn signal stalk! Fresh as the day it left the factory. Almost like its never been used!

Si9Xr6D.jpg

Here's a 50/50. You can really see the difference in the top half of the steering wheel vs the bottom half. And this was just the cleaner.

QFrC60f.jpg

So much better

Tz0g9ya.jpg

Yep.

exoCS77.jpg

All done! This is with the protectant on. Not glossy or greasy at all. Just clean. I'm really pleased with how it came out.

kdjXD8M.jpg

iljToLx.jpg

2olVZnt.jpg

That was long overdue. The REAL test of this stuff is going to be my GTO steering wheel. I think I can see myself in the reflection of that leather :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info