• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ProClip Phone Mounts

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I used a vent clip one time to mount my phone for GPS use. I didn't turn off the vent and I had the heat on full blast. My phone overheated and wouldn't work for almost an hour. I had to pull over and wait for the damn thing to cool off. Cool story bro.

I just remembered that in my efforts to cool the phone off, I opened the window and held it outside while driving. I was certain that I'd hit a bump and drop my phone out the window at 70mph. That's when I pulled over and just let it sit.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I've used the ProClip/Brodit stuff in several cars, quality was always top notch and they mounted in great locations. When you get into the holders with integrated charging ports and stuff, it can be expensive. I always mounted my phones out of their cases and ran the charger to the phone when needed only. I don't know how good their universal holders are, but for all the phones I've used out of the case with their stuff (1520, Note 3 and 4, Nexus 6, 950XL), it's been great.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Have one in the Focus. I really like it but didn't spend that much on it.

ce5bb5b359d88c4e9cf8fe8efd28c266.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info