ProClip Phone Mounts

JBruno88

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with ProClip custom phone mounts?

I'm looking at getting a phone mount for my truck and from what I'm seeing these are custom and nice as hell, but wondering if anyone has bought them.

Please share any other mounts you've had success with.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Never heard of them. Got any examples?

When I had my yukon, I just had some generic thing off amazon that had a bendy arm you plugged into the cig lighter and the mount itself has extendable arms. Worked well.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah i can't justify a hundo bucks. they look sweet though.

i have a vent clip that was like $3 that works great in my truck.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I used a vent clip one time to mount my phone for GPS use. I didn't turn off the vent and I had the heat on full blast. My phone overheated and wouldn't work for almost an hour. I had to pull over and wait for the damn thing to cool off. Cool story bro.

I just remembered that in my efforts to cool the phone off, I opened the window and held it outside while driving. I was certain that I'd hit a bump and drop my phone out the window at 70mph. That's when I pulled over and just let it sit.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've used the ProClip/Brodit stuff in several cars, quality was always top notch and they mounted in great locations. When you get into the holders with integrated charging ports and stuff, it can be expensive. I always mounted my phones out of their cases and ran the charger to the phone when needed only. I don't know how good their universal holders are, but for all the phones I've used out of the case with their stuff (1520, Note 3 and 4, Nexus 6, 950XL), it's been great.

Intel

Reaction score
I have them. They have random sales throughout the year. I ended up gluing my one mount to my mazda3 as it didn't stick well but the one in my wifes fiesta has been on there for 3 years. I just swap out the holder when I get a new phone when they have a sale.

JBruno88

Reaction score
Two pieces make up the full mount. The part that holds the phone and a dash mount specific to year make model of the vehicle. I'm into this setup for $60 and very pleased.

Decided to tuck the phone charging cable between dash pieces because I hate wires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom