7.3 Godzilla grows up, godzilla mega thread, godzilla performance development thread TRUCK ENGINE GOES BRRRRRRRRR

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
A few numbers are in for a tune only 7.3.

FB_IMG_1580130216577.jpg

Better. Getting closer to a stock 6.0 diesel. It'll be interesting to see what e85 does.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Here I am trying to get rid of the pushrod motor for a coyote... :s00ls:

Oh, but please dont talk about the heights of the engines Rent Free 98GrandPrixIraqVet because last I checked, if I wanted to use a CJ or Boss intake on a coyote swap I would have to get a cowl hood and space the k-member, and the whole reason I want to go coyote swap is to retain my factory hood.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It's interesting that the HP stays almost flat from 4800 rpm until they let out of the run at 5600 rpm. No signs of dropping off yet. Torque is dropping off some so I doubt it has a lot more rpm left. But depending on trans gearing, I can see a 6,000 rpm shift keeping you in the meat of the power.

Bring on the cam swaps and intake designs. Let's see some good things with this motor. Too bad it will probably take a year or two for a part like an intake to make it to the market. Without being an expensive sheet metal intake. I have my fingers crossed FRPP has been on the case for a while now.

Reactions: GTPpower

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Here I am trying to get rid of the pushrod motor for a coyote... :s00ls:

Oh, but please dont talk about the heights of the engines Rent Free 98GrandPrixIraqVet because last I checked, if I wanted to use a CJ or Boss intake on a coyote swap I would have to get a cowl hood and space the k-member, and the whole reason I want to go coyote swap is to retain my factory hood.

Dont put a truck engine in your fox.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

Gee heres a 6.2 stroked that spins 8500 rpm and makes 800hp too built for trophy trucks.

The OMGPuhhhhhhhhhhhhsrod Ford SEVEN POINT THREEEE

Rager half you people have going on is comical.

News flash anything with big cubes can make alot of hp. The question is how deep are your pockets?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I don't get why everyone's excited. This thing's going in F450+ trucks. It's not like it's going into anything that will let massive amounts of them out into the wild unless Ford makes a crate engine of it. You'll pay up the ass for one from a wrecked truck and that crate isn't gonna be cheap either. It'll be kind of like the Caddy V10s were in hot rodding days; semi exotic and something people gawk at when at the shows or maybe the track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info