7.3 Godzilla grows up, godzilla mega thread, godzilla performance development thread TRUCK ENGINE GOES BRRRRRRRRR

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
600 NA with some minor changes is pretty impressive.

You know you can make 600 NA with a gen3 coyote right..... Cams CJ intake manifold E85. Boom 600 NA at the engine. Its already been done. Comp Cams has proven it.
And its 2.3 liters less.
Alum block not IRON
Weighs less.

Ford offers plug and play harnesses for right now also....

This swap in a car is fucking retarded.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yes cars chopped up. Whoopdie do.

Exactly my point, you didn't watch the video. They chopped up the front end of the car to make it easier to pull the motor in and out of the car for fabricating parts.

The way you make up shit to fit your opinion narrative and then shit on other people is remarkable. No wonder so many give you shit on this site.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Exactly my point, you didn't watch the video. They chopped up the front end of the car to make it easier to pull the motor in and out of the car for fabricating parts.

The way you make up shit to fit your opinion narrative and then shit on other people is remarkable. No wonder so many give you shit on this site.

Point is the swap is retarded i dont give a damn if the car is for R&D its still chopped and its heavier.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
giphy.gif

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
It's amazing how little you know
1. Everything its capable of the coyote has already done.

Remember tuners popping Coyotes in 2011 because they essentially turned the knock sensors off and sending spark to the fucking moon?

2. Its heavier.

An LQ9 weighs about the same as a Ford mod motor and that's iron block vs all aluminum.

3. Itll cost more.

Because $10k+ crate Coyotes are any better.

4. It has far less support than the coyote readily available now.

The motor literally came to market within the last 3 months. Are you actually clinically retarded?

5. It requires a sawzall not exactly bolt in LOL

Yes you are.

Go ahead someone dig up the dimensions and weight of this 7.3 LOL

Did you even look at the photo above? Wait, see response #4 then #5.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Point is the swap is retarded i dont give a damn if the car is for R&D its still chopped and its heavier.

Did you forget to take your pills this morning? lol

They removed the front end to make it easier to work on and fabricate parts. If you want to leave it on your fox, have at it.

But with the kits out there to remove the strut towers forward, I would do that is a heartbeat be it a SBF, coyote, BBF, or whatever. Save weight and gives you a ton of room. Yes, please.

Custom oil pan
Custom steering rack
Custom K member
Solid motor mounts

:ROFLMAO: Whoopdie do.

You have never done a coyote swap or know how much it takes to do it. Those parts you listed aren't really a concern. I am sure the cost to do a 7.3L vs a coyote swap isn't enough to say one is a better swap over the other. In terms of parts needed.

1. Everything its capable of the coyote has already done.
2. Its heavier.
3. Itll cost more.
4. It has far less support than the coyote readily available now.
5. It requires a sawzall not exactly bolt in LOL

This engines over hyped.

1. You have no clue what a modified 7.3L is capable of. So you are talking out your ass.
2. By how much when you factor in all the parts installed for both swaps? There is no way you could know that. What is the difference in weight between both engines fully dressed?
3. It's new, so you are probably right. But cost isn't the only factor is engine swaps.
4. Less support now. But we will have to see how it is in a year or two. Maybe 5 years or more.
5. You don't get it. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info