7.3 Godzilla grows up, godzilla mega thread, godzilla performance development thread TRUCK ENGINE GOES BRRRRRRRRR

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It didn’t look like it was done, either :rofl:

D6484499-0D62-4A8B-ABED-2F4723AA6A5D.png

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They really need to figure something out with the terrible throttle body angle though, going to be hard to find a hood with a big stupid bulge in the front of it to make room for that shit after you put an intake elbow on it.... The engine is already really tall, that just makes it worse.

They said in the video that it is an intake meant for engine development on the dyno only. Where space and packaging isn't a concern.

That is a production throttle body too. GT350 maybe. I am sure a larger throttle body will help make more power as well.

Just judging from that torque curve, I'm betting that cam is nowhere near optimized for peak power.

They said they did things that are meant for the motor to have a blower. So blower cam, lower compression, tighter ring gaps, combustion chamber changes to slow the burning of the fuel, and so on. Plus they are using C16 which isn't a good n/a fuel due to the fact it is a slow-burning fuel. So a max effort n/a built will yield better results as well. Wolfe thinks 900 hp isn't out of the question. With stock casting heads.

Like I said before, Ford engineers built a new hot-rod motor under the guise of efficiency and reliability.

That 3.0L Whipple looks great on top of it too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
its already 12.5:1 comp.

And?

If you are implying that is a lot of compressions already, need I remind you of Michael Washington's Coyote Stock motor that has like 17 to 1 compression?

12 to 1 in a pump gas, production motor might be a lot. In a n/a race motor with race gas, not really much.

Yeah, I'm hearing 900hp NA should be possible. You have to keep in mind that this engine has only been available since about March.

Ya, I am excited to see what becomes available for this motor in the next year or two. Especially in the intake and motor swap kit department.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
And?

If you are implying that is a lot of compressions already, need I remind you of Michael Washington's Coyote Stock motor that has like 17 to 1
compression?

12 to 1 in a pump gas, production motor might be a lot. In a n/a race motor with race gas, not really much.

Ya, I am excited to see what becomes available for this motor in the next year or two. Especially in the intake and motor swap kit department.

Im well aware of Washingtons. The 12.5:1 here and on NOT pump gas lessens the NA results.

Throw 12.5:1 comp and C16 and anything and its going to pickup alot esp with cam and intake too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Well, Brian Wolfe and crew got his motor on the dyno for some initial testing.

1315 HP and 980 Ft-Lbs @ 14.5PSI Boost.

WOLFE said:
Well today we finally got the Whipple 3.0L Whipple run on our 7.3L. Ole and Blaine made it over to help out. Long story short we made a couple of initial hits, and then had a dyno issue that stopped us for making more progress. We made 1315 HP and 980 Ft-Lbs corrected to STP, at 14.5PSI Boost For those that have not been following the content: Stock Block and Crank, Stock Head Castings with the VED/WPE Stage 3 heads and VED/WPE Shaft mounted Rockers using Jesel Mechanical roller rocker arms. Camshaft is a Charlie Westcott Jr. Mechanical Roller with Jesel Keyed lifters. Engine is also equipped with a Dailey Dry Sump system. Control system is OBR. Fuel is VP C16, Ignition coils are also stock. Compression ratio is 12.5:1, Wiseco Pistons, MGP Rods.

FB_IMG_1609476248380.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Bru and greasy

Thread Info