7.3 Godzilla grows up, godzilla mega thread, godzilla performance development thread TRUCK ENGINE GOES BRRRRRRRRR

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
With the 580 hp tune, I'm not sure you'd see 500rwhp in the real world. Depending on the trans and driveline. Tuned, it'd make that.

A Gen 2 can do that as well. No need for a aluminator. Unless you have a sponsor. lol

Wait for FRPP to release their performance version of the 7.3. It should do quite well in the power department. Should be reasonably priced too. Just might be a while for or to get released

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ok, so Willis Performance rated the stock motor at 507 due to the removal of things the factory test with. Accessories, air box & air intake parts, etc. So stage 1 heads ($1,800), intake manifold ($950), cam ($655), and cam limiters ($225) tool the engine to 690 hp & 550 tq. 183 more hp for $3700 with gaskets. Not bad at all. Oh, this was on 93 octane. A coyote is going to have a hard time matching that with a full build. And the 7.3 is just getting started.

So even with a simple port clean up and small(ish) can it'll out perform a coyote n/a.

"
Our baseline was 507 HP for the Ford 7.3L, this is how we get to the Advertised Ford Number:
  • 507 HP WPE Baseline
  • 20 HP Impact of Air Density difference between SAE J1349 and STP (4%)
  • 10 HP Impact of no FEAD nor water pump (estimate)
  • 38 HP Impact of no induction (everything upstream of throttle body) and exhaust system (estimated 7.5%)
  • 8 HP Impact of 93 Octane fuel (Estimated 1.5%)
This estimates at 431 HP SAE net verses the 430 advertised SAE Net for this engine. Hope this helps explain the differances to you."

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

615HP - 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine is Here!!! | PRI 2022

pri2022Ford.jpg

Hanging out in the Ford Booth at PRI is always one of the highlights of the show. Not only is it manned by a great group of incredibly knowledgeable guys, but if you stick around long enough nearly everyone you know in the Ford performance industry will stroll through. That booth essentially becomes an unofficial meeting space for those of us deep in the Blue Oval game. Then there's the parts...

This year the Ford Performance Racing Parts guys debuted the all ne 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine. Cranking out 615HP and 640 LbFt of torque on pump gas. Even more impressively, it makes over 500 LbFt from 2,500-6,000RPMs. Mike Goodwin, Production Manager for Engines/Drivetrain/Calibrations, took time to walk us through the features of the new pushrod bruiser and Ford's other new products on display. Check out the vid:

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_012.jpg

The new front-inlet intake manifold is a dead giveaway that you're not looking at a standard Godzilla engine.

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_014.jpg

The beauty cover on the intake is a nice touch.

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_015.jpg

The most surprising thing about this engine to me is how little upgrading it actually needs to make the power it does.

PRI_2022_Day_2_022.jpg

In case you were wondering, this is what the head bolts and gasket for a Godzilla looks like.

PRI_2022_Day_2_021.jpg

And this is the timing set.

PRI_2022_Day_2_047.jpg

Ford was not the only manufacturer showing off 7.3L parts. BTR had their short runner intake on display.

PRI_2022_Day_2_050.jpg

Mahle (Megazilla piston supplier) had a 3D printed Godzilla piston in their booth.

PRI_2022_Day_2_051.jpg

The bigger bore of the 7.3L is easy to spot when compared to a Modular engine.

PRI_2022_Day_2_012.jpg

This short block has a lot of LS stopping to take a look.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
TB, Cam (VCT Delete,) intake, rods, forged pistons (10.5:1), ported heads is what the guy said.

Easy 4 digit engine IMO, especially with the Mahle Pistons and Callies Rods. Also guy said parts are available separately.

Looking online a Godzilla is $9Kish so yeah. I'm thinking what $15Kish probably?

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
TB, Cam (VCT Delete,) intake, rods, forged pistons (10.5:1), ported heads is what the guy said.

Easy 4 digit engine IMO, especially with the Mahle Pistons and Callies Rods. Also guy said parts are available separately.

Looking online a Godzilla is $9Kish so yeah. I'm thinking what $15Kish probably?

I see zero appeal in that when you can feed a coyote boost e85 and make 4 digits on stock everything.

Boosted Coyotes and EVs ruin everything LOL.

#alloftcggonnahatethispost.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
New billet oil pump and cover system to ditch giant oem truck cover and pan.

5k :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012

Or buy this:

https://thepartsfarm.com/collection...g-gt-coyote-5-0-engine-motor-accessories-2475

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

900 for a fucking oil pan. :rofl:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
900 for a fucking oil pan. :rofl:

Looks like a billet pan. Not some Chinese thin gauge stamped piece.

The people who buy this are racers spending all kinds of coin anyway. That $5k won't hurt that much. I mean, what does a dry sump kit cost for a LS? Asking because I have no clue. But I want to say I saw kits for that in the $5k range. With a billet pan. This kit has more engineering and components than a LS dry sump kit.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Looks like a billet pan. Not some Chinese thin gauge stamped piece.

The people who buy this are racers spending all kinds of coin anyway. That $5k won't hurt that much. I mean, what does a dry sump kit cost for a LS? Asking because I have no clue. But I want to say I saw kits for that in the $5k range. With a billet pan. This kit has more engineering and components than a LS dry sump kit.
Why wouldn't I just start with a Coyote/Windsor/BBF/LS/BBC/SBC in the first place?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Why wouldn't I just start with a Coyote/Windsor/BBF/LS/BBC/SBC in the first place?
Depends on your goals I guess. I am not saying the Godzilla is the end-all-be-all motor. Far from it. But it is nice to have a new generation Ford motor that has a deck height and bore spacing that allows for bigger cubes.

Reactions: sktchy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info