• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Procharged Cobras!!!

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
kind of

I kind of have one I guess. I have a panoz which has the same engine as an 01 cobra. It is just a lot lighter car(800-1000lbs). I have a procharger with 10lbs boost and some other mods like headers and x pipe , flowmasters ect. If that would work for you let me know.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
If your looking for that infamus whine along with the killer boost, Save up for a KB :headbang: Personally, I didnt want that noise. Thats why I went with a V2 SQ. You can still hear it once it warms up but not annoying like some imo. Some people just happen to like that whine or the whoosh (farts) from a turbo.

trueblue01gt

cammed and blown
Nov 25, 2005
well
i am currently having the same issues with the p1 as most others seem to have

the impeller shaft seal has gone to shit, and the only place to get the seal is to have procharger replace it

it cant be had anywhere else, its made jsut for them

so i am just saving up to upgrade to a d1 because they dont seem to have the seal issues the p1 has

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
trueblue01gt said:
well

the impeller shaft seal has gone to shit, and the only place to get the seal is to have procharger replace it

so i am just saving up to upgrade to a d1 because they dont seem to have the seal issues the p1 has

+1 my buddy had the same issue twice but each time it was under warranty and once it was up he dumped it for the D1. No issues yet but its only been 3 months and about 500 miles so far.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
trueblue01gt said:
well

Youre the one PJ was telling me about. Maybe i need to go big then too...lol, if ever.

Hollywood43

Nov 21, 2006
I have a P1SC running 8 lbs of boost on my 98. I backed off the tuning so that I could run regular 87 octane but it still runs pretty good! As far as the seal goes, I'm in the same boat. It makes a little bit of a mess under the hood but the oil level in the supercharger stays in the safe range.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info