• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

problem i can't solve

00GTPSC

Reaction score
thrusayd my car sat all day until about 7pm, i went to start it and it seemed kinda sluggish, but it started, i moved it to the street and shut it off, then i went out at 7:30 to start it again and it was dead. So i left it overnight then the next day i took the battery charger to it for about 5 minutes, started the car and it started and everyhting was dim, but brightened up when the altinator kicked in. I let it run for a good 15 minutes then shut it off. I went out the next morning and tried to start it and it was dead again. I took the battery to sears, and they said it was fine and charged it up all the way, i let it sit in my dad's truck overnight and just hooked it back up and everything works. So i dunno wtf the problem was. any help

Note: battery and altinator are both 7 months old and i have had the same stuff in my car electronically that i have had in there since i got those things.

iliveonnitro

Reaction score
Something is draining your battery. Check if your trunk light stays on, something else stays on that shouldn't, or something is shorting out.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Look at the battery to frame ground too, they aren't too good on our cars, and corrode readily.

00GTPSC

Reaction score
well i put the battery back on at about 5:30pm yesterday and let it sit and went to start my car this morning and it started right up, so far so good, if it happens again i'm gonna take it to my mechanic, but thanks for the advice guys.

Jim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom