BUILD Pratt's 997.1 911 Turbo

Pressure Ratio

TCG Blue
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
stock engine

I've been looking for two years for a motor. They were were only used for 2.5 years im a limited number of cars. So super hard to find motors. When you do, they were around $20k. Seems to be going up as you never see them.

The stock engine would likely end up costing damn near what he’s paying to rebuild his existing

Dang close for sure.

Just LSX swap it.

Don't think I hadn't contemplated a junkyard LS swap! They are always an option.

Then I came to my senses a couple seconds later.

If it was a plain Jane 911, maybe. Turbo or GT3, no way.

Well........I mean, it is pretty hot out here right now, so.....
It wasn't months ago when it should have been done! Hahaha

Dr. Jimbo

Two dollars, CASH!
TCG Blue
Aug 16, 2005
Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Pressure Ratio

TCG Blue
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Pratt trying to find out WTF is happening with his motor...

The Next Generation No Reply GIF by Star Trek

The situation you are in with getting information from me is EXACTLY how it is with me and the engine rebuilder. Infuriating.

"We have to finish timing it, then pressure test it. Then it should be good to go. Probably ship early next week." That email was from 8/3. It is now 8/18 and zero follow-up since then. So par for the course for them.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
The situation you are in with getting information from me is EXACTLY how it is with me and the engine rebuilder. Infuriating.

"We have to finish timing it, then pressure test it. Then it should be good to go. Probably ship early next week." That email was from 8/3. It is now 8/18 and zero follow-up since then. So par for the course for them.
Has the thought crossed your mind about flying down there and cracking the whip?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Blue
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I got so upset about not having a car all summer, I started shopping for something to hold me over. Let's just say my bidding has not been lucky so far.

Also, have you guys seen the 992.1 Turbo? I have. A Lot. :ugh:

Has the thought crossed your mind about flying down there and cracking the whip?

Yes and no. I am sure when I was there they would tell me what they know I want to hear. Then do what they want to do anyway.

I did mention to my tuner that I have a family member there that is a sheriff. Because I know he talks to that shop a lot. And how I might have to send him by to confirm my parts and money are there. A few days later is when I got that last email. Coincidence?

Might be time to follow up my last email to the shop asking for shop hours. As I am having the Sheriffs office stopping by.

Did you ever talk with Perfect Power about the build?

No. EvoSpec developed the big bore sleeves, pistons, head studs, and more for this motor. Plus their way to install the heads and torque them without them having to be retorqued after heat is in the motor. So they really are the place for these motors. I knew that have a reputation for poor communication and slow build times. But I figured double, not triple the build time.

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112