🔧 BUILD Pratt's 997.1 911 Turbo

General Information

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a 911 Turbo for years now. I love the 930, 964, and 993 are all out of my price range. Air cooled Porsche are pulling insane money right now. But the 996 (2001-2005) and 997.1 (2007-2008) were in my price range. Not like anything is wrong with them by any means. They started out with 415hp in 2001 up to 480hp in 2007. Plus they have AWD. And let's not forget the incredible torque they make.

After looking for a while I decided to hunt down a 997.1 for a few reasons. It still looks modern (especially the interior), it has an upgraded AWD system over the 996, has variable geometry turbos that spool quickly and make great torque just about anywhere, and it has round headlight. haha But a big reason to get a 2007-early 2009 was the 2010 cars had a different motor and were mostly dual clutch cars. The pre 2010 car used the famously reliable Mezger engine.

The car doesn't have a lot of options. But it has the two main ones I wanted. Locking diff and Sports Chrono package. It has heated seats, Porsche insignia in the headrests, sport steering wheel, and Bose stereo adds a nice touch in the interior. But more than anything it was the color I wanted. I didn't want a silver or black one. It seems those two colors make up like 90% of these cars.

Here are some pic for now. Mook said he would shank me if I didn't post up about the car. So after two days of lots of driving, I took a few pics. So it is a little dirty.

1688754856779.png

ova7Qc0.jpg

LszMp3F.jpg

OsSjeJS.jpg

qLWqzVX.jpg

hkzQVJM.jpg

6nxHLsx.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Thanks everyone

Congrats! So will I be passing this at autobahn ;)

Sadly, I am not sure it will be back together by then. Fixing a leaking clutch slave cylinder turned into a full on parts swap party. I am going to try. Otherwise, I will see you at the next event. Probably passing me. hahaha

Quite a beautiful Porsche. Never gets old looking at the rear of those cars.

Agreed. Dem wide hips.... :drool:

My buddy has one and his plates are "Thick" rofl

lol someones mad

No, Nate just knows I can't get laid in a whore house.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Badass ride, and perfect color.

Cobra owners ain't got nothin' on the yuppie/snobbiness of Porsche owners.

Thanks.

And no frick'n way. Cobra guys are the worst! lmao

Congrats on the purchase! That is absolutely fantastic.

Thanks

Me while buying parts to put on this thing. :rofl:

Congrats Pratt! I’ll look for you in Mexico.

In your boat? :dunno: lol

Thanks

How many "accept no substitute" t shirts have you ordered?

Pratt dancing around his house in his whitey tighties like Tom Cruise.

pffft Like I wear underwear.

Thread Info