đź’¦ Detailing PPF on white cars

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I don't have many years on my RS yet. However the Xpel ultimate does have a 10 year warranty against yellowing.

As far as color goes, it hasn't started to yellow yet, and my car does park outside all year round. So it gets more than its share of UV.

It'll be 3 years this May.

It has saved the car from nasty stuff, however, it hasn't stopped everything. Mostly on the bumper is where the big stuff hit hard enough to pierce the film and dig deep into the plastic. But nothing has hit hard enough on the hood, or fenders to actually hit the paint under the film. From the few tears in the film, if the film hadn't been there it would have dug into the paint pretty good.

I don't have any clean pictures from this year. But some from last last year at the GLD rental that SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me took.

Covered areas are:

XPEL Ultimate = Full Hood, Full Fenders, Mirrors, Full Bumper Cover

Black grill section is covered in XPEL Stealth because it's a matte finish from Ford and I didn't want it getting glossy compared to stock. So the Stealth makes it look 100% like there is no film at all.

50471063827_1f73ed0d0a_o.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I don't have many years on my RS yet. However the Xpel ultimate does have a 10 year warranty against yellowing.

As far as color goes, it hasn't started to yellow yet, and my car does park outside all year round. So it gets more than its share of UV.

It has saved the car from nasty stuff, however, it hasn't stopped everything. Mostly on the bumper is where the big stuff hit hard enough to pierce the film and dig deep into the plastic. But nothing has hit hard enough on the hood, or fenders to actually hit the paint under the film. From the few tears in the film, if the film hadn't been there it would have dug into the paint pretty good.

I don't have any clean pictures from this year. But some from last last year at the GLD rental that SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me took.

Covered areas are:

Black grill section is covered in XPEL Stealth because it's a matte finish from Ford and I didn't want it getting glossy compared to stock. So the Stealth makes it look 100% like there is no film at all.

I didn’t even notice that your car had it applied. ??

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I’ve heard nothing but good things about XPEL. Who did the RS ?
Chicago Auto Pros

Wasn’t cheap, but it included a full polish and detail of the areas to get film. Because once thatfilm goes on you ain’t getting to those swirls ever.

film has done its job and all minor strikes do self heal.

it’s also really nice to just be able to wipe the covered parts down with a damp microfiber towel even with dirt on the paint because any micro scratches the dirt puts into the filM will heal the next sunny day.

Now Xpel offers a thin, standard, and extra thick film. If I were to do it again I’d do the extra thick film as the RS is a daily driver.

there are a few strikes a thicker film could have healed from. Though I also have 3 strikes that nothing would have stopped it. Dug deep enough that it tore a small chunk out of the bumper.

Reactions: MikeyLikesIt

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood

Covered areas are:

good info , thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info