Power Tour 2020

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
I Long Hauled in 09, 16 and 17 (for our honeymoon, lol) and will DEFINITELY be hitting at least a couple of these dates. The venue in Champaign is a good one for ease of entry and getting around.

If you haven't ever gone, you NEED to. Its a hell of a time. My suggestion to those only looking to do a day or two, would be to hit the departing venue and cruise into the next days spot. Its a very cool experience.

Reactions: Jamesv82 and Bru

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
I long hauled the last two years but will probably just do Norwalk this year.

The best part of power tour IMO is the hotel burnout parties and parking lot shenanigans.

The biggest issue I had with it though was the ridiculous amounts of traffic on it. Every venue takes about an hour to get into at least unless you get there before the traffic. Typically that means leaving your hotel before 7am if you want to beat the worst of the traffic. If there is construction or a short stoplight somewhere on the official route then you'll be sitting in traffic along the way a lot too.
The first driving day in 2018 I made the mistake of leaving my hotel at 9am in bowling green and barely made it to Chattanooga in time to check in (5pm?). Every other day I left by 7am and arrived around 1pm ish.
It's definitely a cool experience to sit in traffic with all of the cool cars, but a week of it gets old fast.

If you're planning on long-hauling I'd definitely recommend going with a group. This year was a lot more enjoyable for me because of it.

If only going a few days, I would go to the venues that have either autocross or drag racing, better if both too! Without that the venues can be kind of boring. In 2018 I went alone and saw everything the organizers put together, all of the vendors, and saw most of the cars I would see for the week in the first day alone. The rest of the week was groundhog day, but with less events depending on the day.

This year I'm thinking of doing something smaller with less traffic where you can really have some fun with the car. If there's a TCG tour in 2020 I'd definitely be down for that.

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
2018 costs
  • Platinum — $2,250
  • Gold — $375
  • Long Hauler — $129
  • Multi-Day — $129
  • Single Day– $45

2019:
  • Platinum — $2,295—no refunds, no transfers