Power Tour 2020

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I dislike the Powertour because. you have to register and pay just to do it. You can't just show up and book your own hotels. You gotta pay for the right just to ride.

Maybe TCG Tour 2020 is in order.

ekrunch

Uncle Dad
Reaction score
I dislike the Powertour because. you have to register and pay just to do it. You can't just show up and book your own hotels. You gotta pay for the right just to ride.

Maybe TCG Tour 2020 is in order.
TCG Less Power Tour 2020. I could get down with that. (if you guys don't mind being seen with Mustang people...)

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
TCG 2020: CIRCLE HIATUS NO LONGER ON HIATUS STRIKING BACK PART DUEX

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve power toured twice and it was so much fun. Would love to cruise with a group of peeps from here.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Oh and this isn't a replacement for the tour. Was talking with @Lead Pipe about hitting up a few stops next year.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
I should be able to do 2 stops. Great time!

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Might hit the last leg of the tour with the Regal. Can only imagine the looks I would get, but NFG

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is enticing
I still think the most fun I had in any power tour or TCG tour was the initial blast with you, @Eagle and Mook. Where we ran into Lead Pipe up in Muskegon, I believe. Maybe because I didn’t have to plan it, and there were no haircuts.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I still think the most fun I had in any power tour or TCG tour was the initial blast with you, @Eagle and Mook. Where we ran into Lead Pipe up in Muskegon, I believe. Maybe because I didn’t have to plan it, and there were no haircuts.
Thanks would agree, it was a great fucking time! Let’s replicate

Aircal

Reaction score
Chatting with my 2nd generation friends and we may get a group going from here.

chet3310

Reaction score
3 stops last year and prob the same next, it’s a blast

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I'm going to try to have my car running for at least at the last 3 stops.

Chris01gtp

Reaction score
Thinking about doing it with my Dadin his Chevelle. Its on his bucket list and we've been talking about doing it for a couple years now.

[email protected]

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I Long Hauled in 09, 16 and 17 (for our honeymoon, lol) and will DEFINITELY be hitting at least a couple of these dates. The venue in Champaign is a good one for ease of entry and getting around.

If you haven't ever gone, you NEED to. Its a hell of a time. My suggestion to those only looking to do a day or two, would be to hit the departing venue and cruise into the next days spot. Its a very cool experience.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
i may just jump in on a couple of legs, probably the champaign and st louis legs. i definitely wont register for the whole event though.

bs009

Reaction score
I long hauled the last two years but will probably just do Norwalk this year.

The best part of power tour IMO is the hotel burnout parties and parking lot shenanigans.

The biggest issue I had with it though was the ridiculous amounts of traffic on it. Every venue takes about an hour to get into at least unless you get there before the traffic. Typically that means leaving your hotel before 7am if you want to beat the worst of the traffic. If there is construction or a short stoplight somewhere on the official route then you'll be sitting in traffic along the way a lot too.
The first driving day in 2018 I made the mistake of leaving my hotel at 9am in bowling green and barely made it to Chattanooga in time to check in (5pm?). Every other day I left by 7am and arrived around 1pm ish.
It's definitely a cool experience to sit in traffic with all of the cool cars, but a week of it gets old fast.

If you're planning on long-hauling I'd definitely recommend going with a group. This year was a lot more enjoyable for me because of it.

If only going a few days, I would go to the venues that have either autocross or drag racing, better if both too! Without that the venues can be kind of boring. In 2018 I went alone and saw everything the organizers put together, all of the vendors, and saw most of the cars I would see for the week in the first day alone. The rest of the week was groundhog day, but with less events depending on the day.

This year I'm thinking of doing something smaller with less traffic where you can really have some fun with the car. If there's a TCG tour in 2020 I'd definitely be down for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom