3800 Power steering pressure hose....

I

imported_GraFFix

Just wondering how easy this is to change...my car is at the dealer right now for the rack and pinion recall and they called me up and told me that my "power steering pressure hose" is leaking...which is BS cause i just checked my PS fluid the other night and it was fine. and there are no spots on the ground when i park. so i have to assume that either (1) their trying to screw me for some type of money since there working on my car for free or (2) they broke it when they were checking into the rack for the recall either way their trying to scre mw which i knew was going to happen lol

Reguardless they said it will be about $400.00 to replace this pressure hose..lol I called my buddy at lee auto parts he looked up the part and its $40.00 from him...So is that job really worth $360 in labor..I think not!

Just wondering if anyone has had to replace it do you have to bleed the system after you replace that? and if so how the hell do you bleed it? Im gonna tell them not to touch it. not for 400 bucks at least!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 21 2005, 12:35 PM
Just wondering how easy this is to change...my car is at the dealer right now for the rack and pinion recall and they called me up and told me that my "power steering pressure hose" is leaking...which is BS cause i just checked my PS fluid the other night and it was fine. and there are no spots on the ground when i park. so i have to assume that either (1) their trying to screw me for some type of money since there working on my car for free or (2) they broke it when they were checking into the rack for the recall either way their trying to scre mw which i knew was going to happen lol

Reguardless they said it will be about $400.00 to replace this pressure hose..lol I called my buddy at lee auto parts he looked up the part and its $40.00 from him...So is that job really worth $360 in labor..I think not!

Just wondering if anyone has had to replace it do you have to bleed the system after you replace that? and if so how the hell do you bleed it? Im gonna tell them not to touch it. not for 400 bucks at least!
[snapback]98486[/snapback]​

$360 sound pretty damn high, it shouldn't be that much, but it is a dealer and they are gonna bend you over any chance they get. As far as bleeding the system, just put the hose on, (keep the car off the ground) fill the pump and start the car, turning the wheels slowly from one side the the other to get the air out of the system. Make sure to not let the the pump go dry. Keep doing this until the fluid stays at the right level. Thats it.
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list