power steering line leaking

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
The hard pipe for where it cools the fluid is leaking. Im hoping I dont have to replace the entire hard pipe because it goes into the engine bay around the radiator. Is there a product sealer out there for power steering lines? I looked and didnt see any, or didnt look hard enough. Or would putting jb weld on it be ok? Or cut the entire thing where it splits from each other, run a rubber hose to skip over where it leaks...

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
depends how much pressure it sees, rubber hose will break very easily.

either replace the whole line or replace it with a patch section.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
you can use rubber hose on the return side but not the pressure side of the pump

Angus

Reaction score
If that is truly up by the radiator for cooling, then I'm pretty sure it's a return line. Pressure side goes directly from the pump to the rack.

Should just be able to cut the small leak section out and replace with a rubber hose. :dunno:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
PS cooler is low pressure, cut the rusty junk out and clamp some hose over it. make sure you use power steering hose, and not vac line (for obvious reasons :wink:)

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Use a good rubber hose, made for high PSI and that can handle chemicals (AKA fuel line). Throw it on and use two clamps per end.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Yea I did something similar on my DSM. So this shouldnt be a problem. I did actually find some leak stop by Lucas. Giving that a try first. Then ill take the saw to it. Though, if I dont drain the liquid and take my dremel to it, will I die?

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
Stop leak won't fixed a rusted out line. That shit only maybe works on seals causing them to swell.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
:io:

Yea I only did this time because it was only power steering. Other wise, yea nay.

If I cut into the line with the fluid still in it its not going to catch fire or anything is it. Itll just act as lube?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom