Power bleeded for brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Anybody have one I can rent or borrow sometime soon?

I think I'm finally going to fix my car, and with the problems I am having with stripping the threads out of the bleeder holes, I don't want to have to open and close them. Power bleed them and be done with it.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Yes but you just crack them and leave them open until you're done. Less chance of pulling the threads out when you only have to snug em down once.

Once there loose, you shouldnt have to worry about pulling the threads as they require very little torque to close, i do have a air powered vacuum one if you need to use it, let me know.
:biggthump

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Once there loose, you shouldnt have to worry about pulling the threads as they require very little torque to close, i do have a air powered vacuum one if you need to use it, let me know.
:biggthump

Yeah, the caliper I need to replace this time was because we bled the brakes the old, pump em and crack the bleeder loose way. after doing it a couple times, the threads pulled out. We were working on the brakes to replace the other side caliper... which was leaking from the bleeder because the threads were stripped :rolleyes: Not taking any chances this time lol.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't even know where I'm going to do this yet, since I live in an apartment complex and can't work there. I likely won't have access to a compressor.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Well I think I'm going to try that one from Harbor. I appreciate the offers to borrow, but I'm so far away I may as well just spend the $25 and have one for next time. There's a Harbor right by where I work so it's convenient :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info