Pour One Out for the Impala

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I would argue the opposite in that the longevity of it alone was staggering. It likely should have been replaced and/or modernized (look at the Panthers for instance where Ford did a darn decent job) but it went fairly unchanged underneath for decades. It was also the base design for a lot of other GM stuff arguably to include the Astro Vans, full size vans, 1/2 ton trucks and even second gen F-bodies used similar component parts in the front suspension/braking. It absolutely was dated but if you consider what cars were when it came out I would say it was probably actually pretty decent.

That said most if not all old cars were pretty terrible in one way or another; They look fucking fantastic though which leads most of us to forgive that.
Cannot stand the b body, horrible looking. Dependability is low on my list of what makes a car look great :rofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Cannot stand the b body, horrible looking. Dependability is low on my list of what makes a car look great :rofl:

Looks that's your thing and mine alike. The last RWD versions definitely reek of the 90s with the "melted" look. I think that will oddly be their charm in the coming decades. Some fool will end up making retro looking cars that way or hell boxy looking 80s cars.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yeah one of the weakest ones possible also.

Turd.

Shit, 3800s with a single tiny turbo make more power, easier and more reliably than that boat anchor of an engine.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mr_Roboto
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info