Potential New Car? C8? GT500? ZO6? Looking to Discuss

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
One thing I would say, consider AWD. The launch control works ok on some of the new RWD cars. But very few are amazing. And from a roll, many of these big power cars put the power down alright. But they aren't consistent. The GT500 launch control kind of sucks. Take traction control off and it usually spins from a roll. It puts the power down well. But it is still a flip of a coin if it will accelerate ok or sit and spin. lol

AWD just offers performance that most RWD cars can't offer even with a sticky tire.

Just food for thought. Especially since my guess is you already made up your mind. lol

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Man you could wail on the GT500 for "best bang for buck" with a max effort ZL1 (non 1LE). They make 900 to the tire on full boltons/ported blower. And 4 digits with a maggie 2650. All for the price of a GT500 cup of coffee.

You make a pretty solid argument there.

Now I need to find one close to msrp. I’m not looking to buy until prob late next year so we will see what the market is like then. It will slow down eventually, and im looking to swoop in when dealers are beginning to hurt a bit not moving cars like they were

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
You make a pretty solid argument there.

Now I need to find one close to msrp. I’m not looking to buy until prob late next year so we will see what the market is like then. It will slow down eventually, and im looking to swoop in when dealers are beginning to hurt a bit not moving cars like they were

ZL1's are easy to find at MSRP. The red 21 I ordered came in and is sitting at that dealer in GA right now. And there is Stingray here in Plant City that will order you a 22 ZL1 for supplier pricing easy. For a nice non-1LE you are right around $67k + TTL for one. PM me and I can shoot you my contact at stingray to get you one ordered. They are just starting to hit the dealers right now (2022 models).

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
ZL1's are easy to find at MSRP. The red 21 I ordered came in and is sitting at that dealer in GA right now. And there is Stingray here in Plant City that will order you a 22 ZL1 for supplier pricing easy. For a nice non-1LE you are right around $67k + TTL for one. PM me and I can shoot you my contact at stingray to get you one ordered. They are just starting to hit the dealers right now (2022 models).

Oh I was talking about a solid argument to get the gt500 lol I read it backwards. I thought u were advocating for the Ford lol. Whoops

• Haha
Reactions: ZXMustang

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Just came in by me but used and manual not AWD.

Ill admit they are growing on me. Pics a decieving.

Screenshot_20210916-120924_Chrome.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
If the GT500 is high on your list, I would definitely go that route. Especially since it has a backseat. I've never driven one, but I hear they are amazing and they look sinister as well. I have been lusting after a new C8 as well, but my 3 yr old loves coming with me when I take the car out and if he couldn't come it would break his heart.

Does anyone know about putting a car seat in a two seater? I saw a guy with a new Supra last year with maybe a 3 yr old sitting in a forward facing car seat. Was wondering how that works with the airbag and all...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If the GT500 is high on your list, I would definitely go that route. Especially since it has a backseat. I've never driven one, but I hear they are amazing and they look sinister as well. I have been lusting after a new C8 as well, but my 3 yr old loves coming with me when I take the car out and if he couldn't come it would break his heart.

Does anyone know about putting a car seat in a two seater? I saw a guy with a new Supra last year with maybe a 3 yr old sitting in a forward facing car seat. Was wondering how that works with the airbag and all...

my brother sometimes has to in his work truck, but he can turn that airbag off, and the front passenger seat actually has latch grabber point dealios.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I drove a 2019 M5 a buddy of mine has and it was an awesome car. Problem was it felt a bit numb/too good, if that makes sense. I like more feel and feedback in my cars. But, that car was fucking awesome and was way too easy to go fast in. If I had the money and wanted to take more than 2 people in a car comfortably but still want something fun, M5 or CTS V. Also heard the alpha Romeo Guilia Quadrafoggliottoio or however you spell that is a really fun car to drive, but it is an Alpha so it will have “character”

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Why? Thats quite the stance to take

Not the cars I’m looking for. If anything closest I would get is a caddy V. I’m looking for something with a little more brash and brunt, less hey we are driving to California tomorrow across the county type car.

I already had a model S and have a Y now. I’m not looking for the German refinement and basic cruiser with turbos etc

Reactions: The Broken Regal

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Not the cars I’m looking for. If anything closest I would get is a caddy V. I’m looking for something with a little more brash and brunt, less hey we are driving to California tomorrow across the county type car.

I already had a model S and have a Y now. I’m not looking for the German refinement and basic cruiser with turbos etc
i respect the angle on the brash and brunt, though your posts do reflect you are looking for the refinement/comfort and cruise-ability factor, not a race car and then added rear seat

Your list quickly shortens to the GT500 and a ZL1 for the pricepoint, nothing is gonna touch those at MSRP numbers for "value"

The german sport cars, all I can say is I'd give them a chance, you press/select one fun master setting and they go from a comfy daily to muscle car killer pretty quick and then back again

If you are interested in sounds, you put a simple catback on many of the cars, they are gonna sound amazing

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
i respect the angle on the brash and brunt, though your posts do reflect you are looking for the refinement/comfort and cruise-ability factor, not a race car and then added rear seat

Your list quickly shortens to the GT500 and a ZL1 for the pricepoint, nothing is gonna touch those at MSRP numbers for "value"

The german sport cars, all I can say is I'd give them a chance, you press/select one fun master setting and they go from a comfy daily to muscle car killer pretty quick and then back again

If you are interested in sounds, you put a simple catback on many of the cars, they are gonna sound amazing
I get his feeling on this as well. Even the ZL1 is such a sharp performance car, sometimes its not as fun to just pleasure drive. With mine, I hesitate to buy drag radials for it because it really doesn't need it. Even on the street, I can put it in track and just stab it from a complete dig and it just grabs and goes. Even turning off all the nannies, it struggles to keep them spinning from a dig or slow roll. Its just setup too well to be good for hooligan driving. Now a hellcat on the other hand is the complete opposite. Its only made for hooligan. And the GT500 might be the perfect middle. Keep in mind my ZL1 is the non 1LE. The 1LE version has to be so sharp, its almost not fun to drive on anything but a road course.

When I go out and just corner carve, there is nothing like this ZL1. But thats rare. I'd rather go do burnouts behind the publix with Kid Rock blaring in the background.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
With mine, I hesitate to buy drag radials for it because it really doesn't need it. Even on the street, I can put it in track and just stab it from a complete dig and it just grabs and goes. Even turning off all the nannies, it struggles to keep them spinning from a dig or slow roll.
Sounds like that thing needs a couple hundred more HP. Step your game up!

Reactions: Rent Free

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Lol all I need is to take it from completely useable to completely unusable. I'm still happy with the power. Its violent but very controlled. Stabbing it from a dig and letting it rip from 0-150 still gives out boners.
You'll change your toon when you run into a cookie cutter 35k Mustang with 8psi of boost that puts a hurtin on you!:p

• Love

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
You'll change your toon when you run into a cookie cutter 35k Mustang with 8psi of boost that puts a hurtin on you!:p

From what I understand, if its a 2018+ a10 car with full boltons N/A, they wont need any psi to put a hurtin on me. The internet thinks they are the new twin screw 03 cobras. And I've seen far too many youtube videos of na a10 mustangs putting bus lengths on redeyes and ZL1s defying all physics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info