Potential New Car? C8? GT500? ZO6? Looking to Discuss

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Not saying the M5 still wouldnt beat it, just saying that was a terrible example.

Like it or not i doubt the outcome would be different. TT + AWD is hafd to beat from a dig.
Decade old GTRs been laughing at everyone for a LONG LONG time with less hp but still tough to out run from a dig.

It takes a tumed GT500 and fried DCT clutches to get them to launch.

GT500s nearly got laughed off the track at a DCT only track invite in texas. That trans isnt figured out yet. They can make 1200hp on stock blower but barely run mid 9s.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Dodge is out. I like the power they are giving but those interiors do not do it for me. Same interior that was in my wife’s 2015 jeep. It’s just my preference I think the dodge cars do not age well

Really? I think the higher end ones are so dam nice. The Track Hawk and SRT Durango interiors are so dam nice. My only complaint is you can't get the big ass screen that comes in the RAM in either. I have that in mine and it's spoiling me big time.

Reactions: ZXMustang

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
AWD will fuck up a lot of higher powered RWD cars. I full expect the mid-engine C8Z to run 0-60 in the 2.6-2.7 range and the 1/4 in 10.5.

That M5CS is boltons and tune away from laughing at McLarens. Sure modded all bets are off but a C8Z isnt going to be a seat of the pants TQ monster. The AWD TT M5 is.

Second think of this look how long its taken people to figure out how to tune the C8. Only work around options and piggy backs are available right now. C8Z will take a long time to get tune support too!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Posting
no porsches!?

giphy.gif
I have to agree here, spending like 100k on a domestic and not even considering a higher end import is kinda ehhhhh

I know you are waiting, but as someone mentioned, a c8z might be 150k forever the way things are headed

If this was decimate all at race wars type car, gt500 around msrp all the way

Since its a just enjoy it car for fun and noises, I'd be looking at something less obvious of a choice. I'd suggest test driving some german sports cars

Saying porsches all look the same and then your choices are vettes and a mustang is a tad ironic imho

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
That M5CS is boltons and tune away from laughing at McLarens. Sure modded all bets are off but a C8Z isnt going to be a seat of the pants TQ monster. The AWD TT M5 is.

Second think of this look how long its taken people to figure out how to tune the C8. Only work around options and piggy backs are available right now. C8Z will take a long time to get tune support too!
Now you’re using the mod crutch? Stock for stock, the m5 will not shit on the C8Z. I stand by that.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The GT500 DCT is a cvnt to launch. Go find a STOCK one with someone launching it good. That and the M5 is AWD its going to eat alot lf cars lunch from a dig.
It has adjustable launch control, just launch it and turn it down till it sticks, I thought they had them running mid 10’s when they first came out

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Doesnt matter if he's saying he wants something to just get in and drive and maybe only do minimal mods to.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Man, fun car with good noises. I would lean toward a manual V8 something. I think the V cars have a stick option if you want that kind of driving experience. I second the black wing V idea. Carry friends/family, nice interior, looks great on the outside, and although I have not heard one I am sure the noises are awesome. I support all of the options you have already posted though. Don’t really think you can go wrong either way. I feel like the new Z06/GT500 is going to be stupid money for a while though.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
GT500 and a Fedex truck full of boltons is tough to beat bang for buck. Hell ive come across used 2020 GT500s already under 90k

Man you could wail on the GT500 for "best bang for buck" with a max effort ZL1 (non 1LE). They make 900 to the tire on full boltons/ported blower. And 4 digits with a maggie 2650. All for the price of a GT500 cup of coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info