Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Evening. So I've been giving this some thought this week and have already gotten some feedback but unless someone or someones can give me compelling reasons why, I'm going to cancel our Spring track day and only focus on a Fall one. Reasons being:

1. There seems to be a lack of interest - might be my own doing, perhaps for not pushing this stronger.
2. We're basically two months out and I would have to start collecting money asap so make sure I don't lose my ass.
3. (and likely the most important) I have a feeling most won't have their cars track ready by end of April or the car will be semi ready but still not race worthy.
4. Weather is likely going to be still a bit unpredictable.
5. There are other track events happening in Spring and Summer that we can likely piggyback off of, not to mention we can still do mini track events during the week and weekends.
6. We have a lot of members with new family members and obligations to honor and those are far more important than a single day of racing.

I don't take this decision lightly and I'm sure its bound to bum more than a few out, but I'm doing this so that we can have a quality event rather than one that likely will not be up to expectations.

Hopefully everyone understands and agrees.

-Mook

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
What about choosing like a TNT day thats open and just call it an unofficial official spring TCG track day? Doesn't HAVE to be a private rental. Judging by the fall one, by 1:30 everyone made their passes and was done for quite a bit or was making changes/cooling down. Especially being early in the "season" a random TnT day might not be very busy anyways

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What about choosing like a TNT day thats open and just call it an unofficial official spring TCG track day? Doesn't HAVE to be a private rental. Judging by the fall one, by 1:30 everyone made their passes and was done for quite a bit or was making changes/cooling down. Especially being early in the "season" a random TnT day might not be very busy anyways
Thats basically my thought. Once it warms up a bit, just choose a T&T day and whoever shows up, shows up.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
Honestly,its not a bad thought to cancel..re-schedule for different date.it was good day

sorry i did not meet/greet you..was there..wore the bright yellow work shirt..met DEEZUZ DEEZUZ Shawn1112 Shawn1112 LikeABauce302 LikeABauce302
thank you for what you did...most everybody could not take day off Im sure

I think a weekend might be better?..hoping I-294 NorthBound will be done by then

I will make a huge Donation when your ready,thank you for running this website

thanks to everyone that showed up,it was great..stopped at BratStop for stock.Perfect Day

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Honestly,its not a bad thought to cancel..re-schedule for different date.it was good day

sorry i did not meet/greet you..was there..wore the bright yellow work shirt..met DEEZUZ DEEZUZ Shawn1112 Shawn1112 LikeABauce302 LikeABauce302
thank you for what you did...most everybody could not take day off Im sure

I think a weekend might be better?..hoping I-294 NorthBound will be done by then

I will make a huge Donation when your ready,thank you for running this website

thanks to everyone that showed up,it was great..stopped at BratStop for stock.Perfect Day
Next time we need to have a beer. Tried finding you later in the day and couldnt

I'm fine with fall as well.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Evening. So I've been giving this some thought this week and have already gotten some feedback but unless someone or someones can give me compelling reasons why, I'm going to cancel our Spring track day and only focus on a Fall one. Reasons being:

1. There seems to be a lack of interest - might be my own doing, perhaps for not pushing this stronger.
2. We're basically two months out and I would have to start collecting money asap so make sure I don't lose my ass.
3. (and likely the most important) I have a feeling most won't have their cars track ready by end of April or the car will be semi ready but still not race worthy.
4. Weather is likely going to be still a bit unpredictable.
5. There are other track events happening in Spring and Summer that we can likely piggyback off of, not to mention we can still do mini track events during the week and weekends.
6. We have a lot of members with new family members and obligations to honor and those are far more important than a single day of racing.

I don't take this decision lightly and I'm sure its bound to bum more than a few out, but I'm doing this so that we can have a quality event rather than one that likely will not be up to expectations.

Hopefully everyone understands and agrees.

-Mook

I'm definitely in the #6 category. My car is still in a storage unit and wont be pulling it out of there for another month. Then I have a bunch of little things to get done to the car with a newborn at home. Spending hours in the garage will be like pulling teeth. I just know my wife is going to give me shit about it. Then the car needs to go to the body shop for the new hood and that'll be at least a week.
This sounds accurate Mook Mook .

There will be plenty of time to drag Jeffs FRC Jeffs FRC in Mexico [emoji16]
I sure as shit hope you FINALLY drag my ass with that race car! Sounds like you might be scared and move to AZ though...lol

Thread Info