Post your latest purchase

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Not really all of these are latest purchase, but the latest purchase was the completion of this collection. Before My dad died last year we were cleaning out his house to sell it and I took over his record collection. He had over 450 albums so got a great start. I got really into the hobby and have since bought a nice record player, some speakers and several records. As a family we have fun going upstairs to the “analog space” (no tvs allowed) and listening to music and just escaping cell phones and emails. I play my guitars, my daughter dances…. It’s good family time. My wife saw how I was enjoying sorting and listening to my records and said she wanted to buy a few. Great! So buying your first record is pretty important because your first is always your first no matter how many you buy. So she thought about it for a while and decided she really likes Ed Sheeran.

Well last october he was about to release a new album so he had preorders on his website for exclusive versions. The wife couldn’t decide which version she wanted so she bought 2 colored versions. One was a book that came with a signed CD and red, yellow and blue splatter vinyl. The other was just a regular album but in “recycled” vinyl so ever one was a custom color based on whatever the plant was doing at the time. So they came in and we enjoyed them. I casually mentioned that both Walmart and target had their own custom colors and she lit up and said she wanted them too, so we got those. Then I found another version exclusively for independent record stores (indie exclusive), and I recently just bought the standard black vinyl which was oddly the hardest one to find. So according to Discogs we now have every version ever made. It’s a weird quirk of the hobby that even has a name: completest. Somebody that collects every version of an album so they have the “complete” collection.

complete collection
E6D41510-FC05-4CF8-923D-1FB966E02669.jpeg

Website exclusive Collectors book with red, blue, swirl on translucent yellow vinyl
7E9AFCFF-C83B-49F2-A593-9582F73C4CDC.jpeg

Indie exclusive opaque white vinyl
9F20A150-ABBD-4BB6-AC7C-8FC7610B3D19.jpeg

website exclusive “recycled” vinyl. just looks like diarrhea IMO
F1F633CF-7381-40BF-B926-CA9AD12AD81E.jpeg

walmart exclusive clear vinyl
C74BF859-5FC8-4AFC-84BF-0F262946952F.jpeg

target exclusive translucent red vinyl
B8A6C863-5DE3-4F58-8C62-A3FFD18A2A5C.jpeg

and the rare standard black vinyl ?
B05DD0A9-7514-4447-806A-AA864493FA54.jpeg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
A set of alignment screwdrivers.

Yesterday I purchased 2 sets of head gaskets that are for 350 Pontiacs. I know that's funny, but the only Felpros you can get now are for a 455 bore not the smaller 350 bore. It's worth a point of compression and my hope would be to knock a few CCs off the deck height of the block and then knock a few more off the head before putting it all together. Based on what I'm gathering I'll struggle to make 7.5:1. I'll probably zero deck the block, then I'm thinking a set of Tomahawk Forged rods and the forged pistons I've got and I'm ready to try something dumb with the T66 I have here.

Thread Info