Oct 6, 2010

how-to-live-with-a-huge-penis-book_0.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Bought myself a Galaxy Watch 4. (Well mainly just added the line on my account and got it free). Time to see what I can do with ADB.
Let me know what you think of it. I have the Garmin Venu 2 and even though it's a bit too large for my skinny wrists I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Of course, a week after I got it they announced the Venu 2 Plus, which interacts with Google/Siri, etc. Not exactly a deal breaker for me, but would be nice to have.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Let me know what you think of it. I have the Garmin Venu 2 and even though it's a bit too large for my skinny wrists I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Of course, a week after I got it they announced the Venu 2 Plus, which interacts with Google/Siri, etc. Not exactly a deal breaker for me, but would be nice to have.
This is my 2nd smart watch. The 1st being the Galaxy Gear from many years ago. It was nice but I felt it lacking a lot.

This one so far has been great. It was between this one (44mm) or the smaller version. Essentially the same watch besides size, but this one also has a slightly bigger battery. I took my watch off the charger last night around 9pm, wore it overnight, set it on the charger in the morning while it updated 3 or 4 times and took it off the charger at 90%. It has been off the charger since 9am and it's still at 50% battery. Even with constant notifications while I was driving. It automatically went to navigation mode while I drove (using Google maps on my phone).

I'm obviously still figuring everything out but so far I like it. Plenty of watch bands that I actually like and I think if I can find the right watch face and customize it to my liking, I'll be set. Most of the faces I try out has that lcd look to it. I want something a bit more realistic looking that resembles an actual non smart watch if you know what I mean. But so far so good.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Also, use a ratchet strap tied from frame to frame and under your trans so you can free up your other jack.
I have a trans Jack under it, not sure if I’m gonna pull it and inspect it or just yolo it and change fluid because it’s built for a dump truck. But thanks for the tip.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This is my 2nd smart watch. The 1st being the Galaxy Gear from many years ago. It was nice but I felt it lacking a lot.

This one so far has been great. It was between this one (44mm) or the smaller version. Essentially the same watch besides size, but this one also has a slightly bigger battery. I took my watch off the charger last night around 9pm, wore it overnight, set it on the charger in the morning while it updated 3 or 4 times and took it off the charger at 90%. It has been off the charger since 9am and it's still at 50% battery. Even with constant notifications while I was driving. It automatically went to navigation mode while I drove (using Google maps on my phone).

I'm obviously still figuring everything out but so far I like it. Plenty of watch bands that I actually like and I think if I can find the right watch face and customize it to my liking, I'll be set. Most of the faces I try out has that lcd look to it. I want something a bit more realistic looking that resembles an actual non smart watch if you know what I mean. But so far so good.
I charged mine up last Wednesday night (12/29). Just put it on the charger again this morning before I went for a "hike". Still showed 3 days left on battery, and wasn't in battery saving mode.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I charged mine up last Wednesday night (12/29). Just put it on the charger again this morning before I went for a "hike". Still showed 3 days left on battery, and wasn't in battery saving mode.
Damn. That's great. I don't think this watch will get that much out of it. This model is also the LTE model, so I'm not sure if that effects the battery life compared to the non LTE version. Allegedly you should get about 40 hours of usage. With using it over the average, you'll have to probably charge it every night.

My watch is currently at 36% with roughly 15 hours left. If I put battery saver on, I can get about 18 hours. However, there is a watch only mode where I can get 6 days out of it currently. Not sure how many days I can get when the battery is fully charged. The 44mm and 46mm version of the watches come with a 361mAh battery where as the small versions of the watch come with smaller batteries. I guess one thing I can do is debloat the watch using a cmd shell and disabling or uninstslling apps but I'm trying to see how it holds up out of the box and hitting it head on. New toy.... So you tend to keep messing with it and going through everything. I'll see how it holds up with normal usage. Also, as mentioned, I could always put it in watch only mode and it'll disable everything except the watch face. It'll no longer be "smart" but it's one way to use it.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
On mobile you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get the specs:
So I just looked at a video comparison of both the Venu 2 and Watch4. Both have pros and cons. Biggest thing I like on the Venu is the battery life. Hands down so much better. Sensors seem to be a bit more accurate as well. If you have an android device, then it'll benefit having a Watch4 for better connectivity. Watch4 also has a built in mic so you can take calls on the watch itself if your phone is out of reach or if you have the LTE version and you leave your phone at home.

I guess it comes down to what your specific needs are to determine which might better suit you but that Venu 2 is definitely a great watch.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I need a set of those for mine.
Haven’t had a chance to use them yet. Got them tightened down today with the 1/4-1/2” longer carriage bolts I got at ace. Getting the handlebars in the gut when I hit cracks was getting old.

70640988-9417-46CE-9182-094008DD7F34.jpeg
1F7EBC0C-ECA9-4A7B-98C1-28AC84939E94.jpeg

The guy is located in Downers Grove. I found that out after he accidentally tried charging me $20 for shipping to Canada :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

Thread Info