đź’¬ OT Post your latest purchase

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
probably?

i bet it sees 130+ up there for months on end.

attics around here see 100+ easily

Yeah, I wouldn't put anything up there that would warp with the heat. And I would only want to retrieve things from up there in the cooler seasons, so I don't even want to bother unless it is Christmas decorations.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Where did u buy that bike? I likes

It’s a Salsa Journeyer with 700c wheels and a SRAM apex component set.

I just went through my local Salsa dealer that I’ve used for specialized in the past and Dyno’s in the 90’s. I’ve been considering a gravel bike for years. I like mountain biking but between my messed up work schedule and having 2 small kids I don’t have time to load up a mountain bike and go anywhere. I also don’t really like the idea of a dedicated road bike where I have to worry about something as minor as limestone or broken pavement. Just wanted something to put some exercise miles on since I live close to the fox river trail and the Gilman going out west. Need to order a 12mm through axle from Burley so I can pull the kids trailer with it too. Pulling their trailer on a single speed BMX cruiser kind of sucked.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
We finally got a landscaping company to come out and plant some palm trees. The first guy jerked us around for almost 3 months. The 2nd company only took a couple weeks.

We got five trees in the back and three up front. It really makes the lanai look much more tropical.

20230308_152720.jpg

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Picking this up today. Excited to finally get a “nice” guitar. Funny this is considered a “student model” but costs more than most Stratocasters. I’m eventually going to convert this into a clone of Kurt Cobains Skystang 1 guitar.
View attachment 154240View attachment 154241
Are you a snap on guy?

I've got a snap on electric guitar lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
big score today. Randomly looked for gen 4 LS’s on fb and found this gem. I get there and the dude is all “I have this pile of shit to go with it too”

Ended up scoring an ly2, g body headers (look like speed engineering to me), Holley truck accessory mounts, Holley polished valve covers, gmp muscle car pan and some other random shit like starter, coils, sensors etc. basically a long block minus intake manifold. It’s got 243 truck heads too. Totally worth $400
View attachment 153015View attachment 153017View attachment 153016View attachment 153014

Stacking emView attachment 153018
Fuck, didn't realize you had all that stuff. Yeah get a SS2 and swap the wagon. I'd be curious if the G-body headers would fit, Summit says a set of Hedman 68600 (mid length G-body headers) don't fit a late model Caprice thou so I'd think you'd be buying headers.

As for me, I just bought 2 KVMs and a shit ton of cables to make them work with my computer and my wife's computer.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Fuck, didn't realize you had all that stuff. Yeah get a SS2 and swap the wagon. I'd be curious if the G-body headers would fit, Summit says a set of Hedman 68600 (mid length G-body headers) don't fit a late model Caprice thou so I'd think you'd be buying headers.

As for me, I just bought 2 KVMs and a shit ton of cables to make them work with my computer and my wife's computer.
Any chance those KVMs have USB-C inputs?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I just picked up a vizio sound bar to go with my new home office 4K TV/monitor. Good fidelity and it gets way louder than I need it to be. It's the All In One model for $150 and sounds way better than other sound bars I have listened to in similar price ranges.

I'm thinking about getting Amy a 65" 4K for the living room and the better Vizio sound bar that has rear speakers and a sub. She'll be blown away when she puts her soaps on. I wonder if they're in Dolby Atmos? ?

I notice she has been sneaking into my office to use my desktop computer because the 43" 4K TV is nice as a monitor for surfing. Still waiting for my (delayed) video card for that computer. The build on it has gone well with the exception of the PSU I ordered not working with it. Picked up another PSU that does work and it can handle the video card. Eventually I want two monitors both running at 4K. I have a wall mount coming for it tomorrow to free up some desk space.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah, my buddy bought a bunch of ex government Dell desk tops at an auction and gave me one of them. I put an M.2 1TB WD Black SSD in it and upgraded the PSU. May upgrade the 8GB of RAM sometime if I need it. You can get desk tops like this for cheap prices on Ebay and upgrade them. I'm not gaming on it but it would probably run some nearly new games at lower settings once I get the video card installed.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The box wasn't a slouch when I made it (6 cores, 32G RAM) the big thing I could add would be a storage upgrade. Right now it has a MegaSAS Card with a pair of SSDs hanging off it in RAID1. The card is making me a bit nervous. I'm out of PCIe slots so I'd have to pop that out and upgrade to NVMe. I think I'd end up with 2 cards and possibly software RAID if I did that.

Everything is so GPU defined now I almost wonder if it's worth even doing a CPU or dumping $$ into a video card instead. I mean, then again I don't game I CAD and do VMs and stuff so I think I'd rather have more RAM honestly.

Reactions: Flyn

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
91090_Lifestyle_Low__7_1110x1110.jpg

On sale at Sam’s. With any luck the kids will spend more time on this than inside this year.
Looks awesome! I urgently need one of those.
The last thing i purchased today - different hearing aid supplies for my dad. His batteries always go down in a very unexpected moments and I decide to make a stock of those in our house. He also loses the domes from time to time and keeps wearing the aids without them. Hopefully it will stop now.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Now that would be very impressive, how do the base poles mount to the ground?
We will see how it goes. I will use power tools so hopefully I can zip through it. I can’t imagine it taking more than a weekend though.

Apparently no foundation is needed so it may have some stakes or stay down by the weight of it all - not sure yet. I have a really flat area to put it and can level under the feet as needed with a shovel.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info