đź’¬ OT Post your latest purchase

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Oh yeah!!!! 3 boxes of Santa’s Favorite anise cookies (my absolute weakness) and 2 boxes of Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.

View attachment 144101

View attachment 144103

Chronic Illness GIF by Diabetes Canada

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I regret having purchased the NOCO jump packs. The g/f had to use the GB40 pack twice today. The plastic covers on the alligator clamps are already broken. Contacted NOCO support with the serial number, purchase date, and photos. They said they looked like they were corroded, or roughly handled, and that their claims department would likely deny the warranty claim. They’re a month old and used twice. They should be a hell of a lot more durable than this.

I deeply regret recommending the product to others. Losing a customer because they can’t be bothered to send out a new set. Going to return it to Amazon and will buy a different manufacturer’s product.

9758C6E5-5F4C-4511-A0DB-3FD0F2A823AC.jpeg
25230B5E-7A83-472D-AF2D-3C183B095E38.jpeg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I regret having purchased the NOCO jump packs. The g/f had to use the GB40 pack twice today. The plastic covers on the alligator clamps are already broken. Contacted NOCO support with the serial number, purchase date, and photos. They said they looked like they were corroded, or roughly handled, and that their claims department would likely deny the warranty claim. They’re a month old and used twice. They should be a hell of a lot more durable than this.

I deeply regret recommending the product to others. Losing a customer because they can’t be bothered to send out a new set. Going to return it to Amazon and will buy a different manufacturer’s product.

View attachment 144104View attachment 144106
That’s disappointing

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Twice, used TWICE on the g/f's Honda Fit. It's not exactly like I dragged them down the block. Just attaching and detatching from the terminals, twice. I have 30 year old jumper cables that have taken a beating and are in better shape.

They should have said, "wow, that's not typical, let us send you out a new cable." But instead they went the other way and wouldn't support their own product.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Probably the Audew 2000A that Aron Aron found to be a good product:

I need to correct this statement and give credit where it is due. v6buicks v6buicks found and posted a great video review on battery jump packs. Aron watched it, formed a solid opinion based on the findings, and reported back which model he decided to go with based on the results. I watched the video (at that time) and in retrospect agree with Aron.

Reactions: Aron

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The jump pack itself worked great. No complaints there. It’s just the sub-par plastic they used on the clamps, and that they won’t stand behind.

For a $1 part they’re going to lose a customer and get a bad review, which might affect someone else’s decision to not buy their product. Seems foolish.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
The jump pack itself worked great. No complaints there. It’s just the sub-par plastic they used on the clamps, and that they won’t stand behind.

For a $1 part they’re going to lose a customer and get a bad review, which might affect someone else’s decision to not buy their product. Seems foolish.
I gotcha. While I cannot speak for Audew's customer service I understand giving someone a shot when your old tried and true does you dirty like that. I hate bad customer service.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Probably the Audew 2000A that Aron Aron found to be a good product:

I wasn't the one who recommended it in that thread, someone else was. I bought one for my dept at work based on the reviews in that thread, as well as the testing that Project Farm did on Youtube. I hope it works well.

Edit - I also replied before reading the rest of the replies ?

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Picked up a "basic" indoor trainer for the bicycle. More than I wanted spend, but guess it is an early birthday present to myself. Best way for me to keep active while at home during the winter season.

1673037332061.png

And thank you Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis for the insight and information in helping me make the decision!

• Love
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Picked up a "basic" indoor trainer for the bicycle. More than I wanted spend, but guess it is an early birthday present to myself. Best way for me to keep active while at home during the winter season.

View attachment 146384

And thank you Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis for the insight and information in helping me make the decision!
Tag me after you get some miles on it. Wifey has a spin bike but has expressed interest in a trainer because they aren't the same. Thanks!

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

View attachment 146384

SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me this might be relevant to you, though I only watched it once when it came out, so I can't remember the particulars:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
He said he has the balance of a fainting goat.
Your analogy is spot on.

Ever since they drained the fluid from my IAC to do the surgery, my vestibular has never fully recovered, (and that was 2017), even with the two months of vesitublar training. Once I'm moving a few miles per hours I'm fine. It's the start/stop where I'm at the most risk.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I may buy a trainer and road bike soon because I’m thinking it’s going to be a few months for me to ride any elevation at all.

Also my balance is so good my PT has me standing on one foot with my eyes closed or looking randomly around the room :rofl:
If my feet are on the same horizontal plane and aligned, so touching each other, shoulder width, etc, I can cross my arms and close my eyes, tilt my head and not fall over. If one foot is elevated, or if a foot is front of the other, I'll start to go over. Even they thought that was strange. But it also wasn't exactly routine surgery.

Thread Info