đź’¬ OT Post your latest purchase

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Picked this up tonight. I had actually wanted blue. The Hanover Park store didn't have it, but Aurora and Dekalb did. So since I was down by Aurora tonight, I hit up that store. Get there, and they sold the blue one about 2 hours prior. Only one left (low profile, long reach) is the orange one. So I "settled" for it. The box was in a little rough condition, so as I'm being rung up, the manager took another 20% off. So I walked out of there with this for $199.

64241_W3.jpg

What I can't get over is how big this thing is. I have a Crapsman 3 ton mid reach, and another Crapsman 3 ton regular reach and this thing is ginormous by comparison.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Picked this up tonight. I had actually wanted blue. The Hanover Park store didn't have it, but Aurora and Dekalb did. So since I was down by Aurora tonight, I hit up that store. Get there, and they sold the blue one about 2 hours prior. Only one left (low profile, long reach) is the orange one. So I "settled" for it. The box was in a little rough condition, so as I'm being rung up, the manager took another 20% off. So I walked out of there with this for $199.

64241_W3.jpg

What I can't get over is how big this thing is. I have a Crapsman 3 ton mid reach, and another Crapsman 3 ton regular reach and this thing is ginormous by comparison.
I bought the same one at the beginning of summer and yea it’s a fucking tank but man it’s good.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

64241_W3.jpg

I have that in blue and it has been great.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Carpet.jpg

being an adult is fucking boring. Our house came with the deepest shag carpet I’ve ever seen in our basement. So deep it bogs down our Dyson and makes the lights dim when you vacuum it. This is inconvenient because it’s our cats favorite place to puke. Getting it replaced with what’s basically an office/light commercial berber since it’s where our kids playroom is going to be too and kids are messy. We only have carpet in the basement and our walk in closet, everything else is hardwood.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Ordered some shoes.

I have flat feet and years ago a Podiatrist suggested New Balance and I found the perfect model for me, so I would often buy up multiples of the same shoe and rotate them. My current shoe that I have 3 pairs of, 2 have started to wear badly (holes in the mesh on the toebox) and I expect the 3rd to follow shortly.

Lucky for me, they discontinued the model, went into the NB store and they suggested this shoe as the replacement. They did not have my size, so they ordered it shipped free to my house later this week.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I didn't take any photos, but got my mom a new iPad Mini 6th gen and a new Asus AX3000 router. Xmas, mother's day, and her birthday all at one time. Bit of a learning curve since I got her a Pixel 4a phone about a year ago, but she's getting good at iPadOS, and really likes the portability of the tablet around the house. Would like to have gotten her an Air, but it was too heavy for her to hold for more than a few minutes. No sense in getting a regular iPad (size/weight sits between the Mini and Air) as they're too outdated.

She's happy.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I didn't take any photos, but got my mom a new iPad Mini 6th gen and a new Asus AX3000 router. Xmas, mother's day, and her birthday all at one time. Bit of a learning curve since I got her a Pixel 4a phone about a year ago, but she's getting good at iPadOS, and really likes the portability of the tablet around the house. Would like to have gotten her an Air, but it was too heavy for her to hold for more than a few minutes. No sense in getting a regular iPad (size/weight sits between the Mini and Air) as they're too outdated.

She's happy.

Nice, I got an iPad Air recently, I was debating between the new Mini and the Air that I ended up getting. For me, I wanted the bigger screen over the portability.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nice, I got an iPad Air recently, I was debating between the new Mini and the Air that I ended up getting. For me, I wanted the bigger screen over the portability.
I like the Air, a lot. I should have gone with the 256GB version, but wanted to save $$$, so got the 64GB. That's my only complaint. I waited until they had a "reasonable" version with USB-C, but do wish it had wireless charging. Not a deal breaker for me though.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Saw these 6’ cat trees at Costco. Girlfriend decided it was a good deal and we got one tonight for the cats. My oldest usually just dismisses these and goes back to the bed.

He’s been sleeping in the top spot for two hours, refuses to give it up. That’s why he’s king.

D280F1AD-E9F5-4DAA-ADF9-BE69AF6A2116.jpg

If this intrigues anyone, word of advice, when you take one off the palette, set it on the floor and check for stability. They have two different carpet types on the bottom. The stuff you see that wraps under a few inches, then something else in the center. The first three I tried wobbled a bit. Got one that was solid.
BCB6D68B-52E6-4A97-9A97-B732C91CF619.jpg

Thread Info