đź’¬ OT Post your latest purchase

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Again, I posted this before and got blasted because "it's too big and cumbersome" (that's what she said), but I really like these FatMax's. I have three of them now. They're simple, they're 2,200 lumens, $~50 which is comparable and again, I find them more versatile than just as a flashlight. I know it'll get pissed all over, but they work great.

From the back door at the other house out to the alley.

View attachment 85544
They are fine for what they are. Just huge lol

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Again, I posted this before and got blasted because "it's too big and cumbersome" (that's what she said), but I really like these FatMax's. I have three of them now. They're simple, they're 2,200 lumens, $~50 which is comparable and again, I find them more versatile than just as a flashlight. I know it'll get pissed all over, but they work great.

From the back door at the other house out to the alley.

View attachment 85544
I’ve got a DEWALT equivalent.

DEWALT 20V MAX LED Work Light,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SKOCRCW/?tag=tcg21-20

Got it for like $60 on sale. 1000 lumens, good for about 500 meters, and it is on their 20v battery system.

greasy greasy, yet another DEWALT product I own ?

Reactions: greasy and Unitsn4

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Patiently waiting for it to get dark.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've never put a flash light in my pocket TBH. If I were in maintenance or something I probably would and that would be a different subject at that point in time. But for when I need it, I know I'm going to need it, so I have it at the ready.

For keeping an eye on the dog or something, it's right by the back door, so it's within arms reach anyway. The one in the garage is also quickly available.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Drove 2hrs, each way, to Marietta, GA to pick up a blue 16 VMAX. Papers were done yesterday & I was to be in and out in 15-20min.
I walked into the dealership and this was right inside the door, it's a 19 & flat black (murdered out)
Needless to say, I was there for over 2hrs, while they swapped put the paperwork
Also got a free helmet & 20% off from a leather jacket that is being drop shipped to my houseView attachment 85852
IMG_20210410_154108908_HDR.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Picked up some Kanto YU6 speakers. They are supposed to be a pretty good option for what I’m trying to achieve, that is a very minimalist vinyl listening area in my loft. I literally want to turn on the turntable and have a volume knob- that’s it... no blinking lights, no pairing wifi or Bluetooth, no bass or treble EQ, no subs or surround. Just a turntable, and stereo speakers with a volume knob. The reviews are very positive for these speakers and if I get really really into my system I can upgrade them and my cartridge later and have a even higher level system approaching true audiophile status. As it sits it’s audiophile jr lol.

F45D9288-2043-4AB6-87E9-E5DF28FC6871.jpeg

1AB800A5-343D-4B17-A6EF-47D72005E22E.jpeg

4DAC9460-BE9F-4E35-8B11-D6AF2944F0B1.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Drove 2hrs, each way, to Marietta, GA to pick up a blue 16 VMAX. Papers were done yesterday & I was to be in and out in 15-20min.
I walked into the dealership and this was right inside the door, it's a 19 & flat black (murdered out)
Needless to say, I was there for over 2hrs, while they swapped put the paperwork
Also got a free helmet & 20% off from a leather jacket that is being drop shipped to my houseView attachment 85852View attachment 85853
Congratulations sir!

Reactions: FastKatt

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Picked up some Kanto YU6 speakers. They are supposed to be a pretty good option for what I’m trying to achieve, that is a very minimalist vinyl listening area in my loft. I literally want to turn on the turntable and have a volume knob- that’s it... no blinking lights, no pairing wifi or Bluetooth, no bass or treble EQ, no subs or surround. Just a turntable, and stereo speakers with a volume knob. The reviews are very positive for these speakers and if I get really really into my system I can upgrade them and my cartridge later and have a even higher level system approaching true audiophile status. As it sits it’s audiophile jr lol.

View attachment 85857

View attachment 85858

View attachment 85859
Dude, thats sharp. I’m half deaf and can’t hear above 4000Khz in my right ear, but still am eager to get quality components that I’ll never be able to fully appreciate.

Reactions: Stink Star

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Dude, thats sharp. I’m half deaf and can’t hear above 4000Khz in my right ear, but still am eager to get quality components that I’ll never be able to fully appreciate.
Funny story. My wife thought I was honestly going deaf because sometimes she says stuff to me and I say “huh?” all the time. One day we were walking though sams and saw a sign for “free hearing test” so jokingly the wife said i should do it. Now obviously this is for old people to get fitted for hearing aids but the guy was bored so he played along and agreed to test me. now I will say they had a pretty decent setup there with a true soundproof room and some really expensive and heavy headphones. Just sitting in the room it was quiet enough to make you aware of noises you body is making. At one point I could even pick up my own heartbeat. Anyway, I’m going through the test where you raise your hand on the side where you hear the tone. I was trying really hard and there were some tones that were so high that I don’t even recall hearing anything that high before in nature.
I finish the test and come out the room and the guy is printing the results. I ask how I did and the guy was saying it was very interesting..... I had the hearing of a child- I can hear over 20k and down to 20hz. Only thing that was low for me was my right ear had trouble picking up tones that are in the typical range of a female voice. THERES MY PROBLEM HUN! I’m not ignoring you! I have hearing damage!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Funny story. My wife thought I was honestly going deaf because sometimes she says stuff to me and I say “huh?” all the time. One day we were walking though sams and saw a sign for “free hearing test” so jokingly the wife said i should do it. Now obviously this is for old people to get fitted for hearing aids but the guy was bored so he played along and agreed to test me. now I will say they had a pretty decent setup there with a true soundproof room and some really expensive and heavy headphones. Just sitting in the room it was quiet enough to make you aware of noises you body is making. At one point I could even pick up my own heartbeat. Anyway, I’m going through the test where you raise your hand on the side where you hear the tone. I was trying really hard and there were some tones that were so high that I don’t even recall hearing anything that high before in nature.
I finish the test and come out the room and the guy is printing the results. I ask how I did and the guy was saying it was very interesting..... I had the hearing of a child- I can hear over 20k and down to 20hz. Only thing that was low for me was my right ear had trouble picking up tones that are in the typical range of a female voice. THERES MY PROBLEM HUN! I’m not ignoring you! I have hearing damage!
My left ear is still pretty good, just above normal for my age. The right ear suffers from a bad choice of brain surgery to fix the tinnitus. Relating to your right ear not hearing the female voice range, if I am in a group of people I know I don’t like, or really won’t be talking to, I’ll have them sit on my right so I can ignore them, LOL. I do have a hearing aid, and more often than not, when driving with the g/f I’ll switch it off so I don’t have to listen to her. For as much as I hate having the hearing loss I do like the fact that I can tune people out at the flick of a switch.

Fun fact, the Steve McQueen “look” where he squints and turns his head to the right when someone speaks? That’s from hearing damage in his right ear. He couldn’t hear well so he’d turn his head so he could use his left ear more. I find I do the exact same thing.

Oh, and for the hearing test, I had the same one, as most do, and I had them do it with the bone conductivity one so I could rule out the eardrum being an issue. That was really weird.

Thread Info