💬 OT Post your latest purchase

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
A bunch of miscellaneous stuff for my fox body build. I've been scrambling to buy whatever parts I think I may need in the coming weeks, since so many parts are on backorder. In the last week I've ordered the Holley ignition harnesses, crank position sensor, throttle body, intake elbow, blow off valve, and boost control solenoids.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Oh billy, finally got my coil-overs in! Billet adjustable arms ready to go on as well. greasy greasy make some room in the garage ?

16040BD9-4585-4A9D-B315-8EB762D142D0.jpeg

giphy.gif

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Reactions: Marko

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Agreed. $84 is a lot for a flashlight but I’m cheap lol

Can you post links for the better flashlights?
I mean you still have to factor in price for an 18650 battery and charger if you don't have one....but anything from this site is solid stuff.

Youll have to pick out the Tint and LED type, the tint is just like cars and house bulbs (cool white=higher K, warmer = lower K)

LED type depends on what you want.

CRI is color accuracy. like how those cheap ass led lights are bluish...that is really inaccurate when pointed on something colorful. I posted a chart below showing a high CRI LED vs normal.

SST20 = higher CRI, less top Lumen brightness
XP-L =Less CRI, Higher Top Lumen brightness usually cooler tint (white to blue)
E21A = Good for low power, indoor and up close applications.

If I want fuck you bright, I go XP-L. If I want color accuracy, I go SST. SST can still be bright as fuck, but XP-L will get you a couple extra hundred lumens usually.

The E21A in a very warm tint, 2000-2700k, looks like using a real candle light flame, but led. It is pretty cool.

Olight makes good rechargable stuff.

FW3A is another good flashlight model.

Cheap budget 18650 would be a convoy S2+ or the newer ones. They are like the honda's of flashlights, tons of aftermarket and mods.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz and Marko

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thx man. I know there’s a thread about flashlights. But just did a quick search. Found this one.

View attachment 85540
That’s one I’ve looked at a few times but never got. The price jump from the LC90/LC90-2cell to the 1300 was too steep for the increase and loss of being able to focus, er, zoom it.

The smaller P2 and 40 also have a nice metal clip on them for carrying them around.

Reactions: Marko

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I went down a flashlight rabbit hole a few years ago...I stopped right before actually taking apart the LEDs/drivers and soldering/modding them.

Before you had to know someone or get someone on the flashlight forums to mod other lights to get options like standby leds, aftermarket firmware and other extra features. That one store I linked the guy basically does the mods and sells finished models without all the hoops. I have 3 from him and all have been top notch. Still pissed I lost one :rofl:

I am also a big magnetic tail fan. A majority of my lights have magnetic bottoms just because it makes it so convenient to be able to stick it to anything metal and have 2 free hands.

Reactions: FESTER665 and Marko

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Again, I posted this before and got blasted because "it's too big and cumbersome" (that's what she said), but I really like these FatMax's. I have three of them now. They're simple, they're 2,200 lumens, $~50 which is comparable and again, I find them more versatile than just as a flashlight. I know it'll get pissed all over, but they work great.

From the back door at the other house out to the alley.

20191214_190339.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz

Thread Info