Elgin
Affected vehicle not equipped with Brembo's (unfortunately);

New Caliper bracket 2.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So this is the original from the vehicle. Notice the guide pins design. Not an all in one bolt/guide pin like most. The top one moved freely. The bottom one is completely rusted in it's hole. I sprayed the shit out of it with WD-40 and PB Blaster and then took a 10lb sledge to it and no bueno...

OEM Caliper Bracket.jpg

So now it's late Sunday afternoon and I'm on a mad-cap escapade to source a new bracket and guide pins. Not knowing if the other side was bad also at that point, I just said fuck it, I'll get both side just in case and take back what isn't used. Napa had the pins, but no bracket (could order it though). Same for Advance. Go to AutoZone, they have one at the West Chicago store and one at the Bartlett store. So I go get them.

Get back and this;

Brackets side by side.jpg

This was the only listing AutoZone had...

Which then led me to Feeny Chrysler here in Elgin and unbelievably, they had two versions. The one like I got from AutoZone and then the correct one. Both of which in stock shockingly. So confering with the picture of the OEM one above, I picked the bigger of the two brackets (which is identical to the OEM one). I do need to go back today and pick up the silencer kit.

So doing a little research there, this brake setup I have on the van, based on the parts I got, is supposed to be a 2-pot setup. It is not. I have one pot calipers. So it is an anomoly. I wonder if our van was a late year production model and they just grabbed what parts were left between brackets, calipers, rotors and pads and slapped them on. :D

DejaVu with the old van. 97% of them came with a Bosch setup on the rears. 3% Teves setup. I have the Teves of course... :mad:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
This LED floor lamp got delivered today

Decided to enter this decade and replace my old halogen fire trap floor lamp because, well, it almost caught on fire. :LOL: LED for me now!! Definitely a worthy purchase. Lights up the room almost as well as the old halogen did, but one thing I liked (which the old halogen did, and was probably ultimately its downfall) is you can fully control the dimness of this one, cuz when I watch movies and such, I like to have precise control over the level of lighting. There's a model of this light that can be controlled with Alexa/google, but I figure if I'm too lazy to get off the couch and walk 3 feet to the light, I may as well have burned up w/ my halogen lamp.

Reactions: RICH17

Thread Info