TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I am in de-Nile...

Would you believe I actually got my fat ass in the back seat of that thing to fix the dome lights... :D

I still need to fix the active-aero spoiler, but that is a two person job. One to hit the override switch under the dash, while I am outside and jam something in when it opens, to see if I can find why it's hung up on one side.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, as I posted in another thread, my carrier on the G8 shit the bed. Common issue with them. The rubber grommet/isolator around the bearing itself disintegrates essentially. So right now, I basically have a factory driveshaft loop. :D

I found this place in Missouri that specialized in GM, particularly performance vehicles. They had a G8 replacement shaft (easier to just swap out shafts than splitting them, R&R'ing the carrier, reassembling...) Anyway, got the replacement shaft and it's carrier was just as bad as the one in the car. They sent a replacement no charge from an SS (auto SS's use the same shaft). That one was in much better condition, but the rubber grommet was just starting to tear also. So I knew in a couple years it would be rinse, lather, repeat.

So I searched around and found this from JXB Performance. This is a 2-piece design, with a huge, more solid rubber grommet (the two rubber pieces in the pic). You can install this without even having to remove the shaft. Just sawzall the old carrier out and install this...

20240319_202230.jpg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
You couldn’t pay me to buy those right now and it’s not cause of the way they look. I’m still traumatized from my youth when I would ask for Nikes I’d get some cheap British Knights or other cheap brand. My girl says I have issues I said I know but that’s the way I feel.

Thread Info