đź’» Post your computer setup

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Just a desk update, I downsized for the move.
giphy.gif

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Windows 10 is the laptop to the side and the left KB/mouse. The case was originally a slot Celeron 433 but has seen upgrades It's served me well over the years and I figure I'll be set when the hipsters take over the beige PC market. As of right now it's a Phenom II X6 1055T, 16G RAM, 2X1TB SSDs on a MegaRAID Controller, some AMD Video card I forget what and the usual crap besides. OS is OpenSuSE 15.X, I forget precisely which release. It's old but it still runs VMs, CAD, slicing software etc. just fine. Got other places to stick my money overall like buying storage for this stuff.

The top monitors are just some Acers but the bottom ones are a vintage Dell with two Sun LCD monitors. I had a coworker of mine that was blown away there were actually Sun LCD Monitors and they weren't CRT.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well lookie what showed up a day early!

bhY8naz.jpg

Also this I guess.

8q0nVzG.jpg

Ordered the rest of my components tonight. Should all be here by Friday. Then the great PC build of 2021 can begin this weekend. Not looking forward to doing a fresh windows install, but its the only way. I want everything clean and new. At least most of my files will be on my external backup. And if all that fails at least I have my laptop :ROFLMAO:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Tarja was better, fight me.
Tarja is pure opera, and I love hearing her live, especially on Highest Hopes with Wish I had an Angel, Wishmaster, Phantom of the Opera, and Over the Hills and Far Away.

But Floor has more flexibility in her styles which suits Nightwish's current sound better. Of the songs they've both performed I prefer Floor's Ghost Love Score more.

But I've also been listening to Floor since After Forever.

Now if you could put Floor, Simone (Epica), Sharon (Within Temptation), and Tarja on the same stage for a quartet I'd sign up in a heart-beat.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well lookie what showed up a day early!

bhY8naz.jpg

Also this I guess.

8q0nVzG.jpg

Ordered the rest of my components tonight. Should all be here by Friday. Then the great PC build of 2021 can begin this weekend. Not looking forward to doing a fresh windows install, but its the only way. I want everything clean and new. At least most of my files will be on my external backup. And if all that fails at least I have my laptop :ROFLMAO:
Is it the weekend yet?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Today at work, I had 3 Quadro's on my desk.

P2200, RTX4000, and a RTX6000 for evaluation from a vendor. They are for use in our new high end workstations.

We are getting Threadripper's for our high-end desktops, and these 3 GPU's are our choices. I'm going to narrow it down to two specs. Low and High. The question is if the RTX6000 is worth the cost. So once the workstation arrives from the vendor I get to stick all 3 in there, benchmark them, then deploy it for evaluation by a few people who are doing 3D or other workloads that can take advantage of the cards.

I want to stick Plex on the workstation and see how many Trancodes the RTX6000 can handle. :)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Is it the weekend yet?

Not quite :ROFLMAO: The rest of my shit shipped today tho so hopefully should be here tomorrow. Then the fun can begin. I think I still have a case around here that I threw my PREVIOUS setup in after I upgraded to this one back in 2013, so if I can find it maybe I'll rip that shit out and reinstall all this stuff in that one. Don't know what i'll do w/ it, but it will at least be nice to have something to fall back on in case this new build goes all pear shaped :LOL:

Reactions: Maro

Thread Info