đź’» Post your computer setup

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I put in for 3 xbox series x's today and didnt get selected for a single one ?

But I've only been shuffling for about a week now :LOL:

Ive won the shuffle twice. Once for a $2000 3080Ti and another for an xbox series S that I flipped to my buddy. I've been trying to win a 3060 or 3070 so I can flip my 3090 on ebay for $3000.

Reactions: Maro and IDAFC21

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've got the monitor for it, now I need the Wheel.

Looked at the cost of a direct drive PC wheel, tried to find one in the $300-$400 range, couldn't.

Ordered the Logitech G29, its not a true sim wheel, but its not a true sim wheel price either. Its time to get that iRacing going.

I need to put in time at Autobahn and Road America.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well, Got pissed off at the resolution issue with the old MacPro.

Looked at the Trade in value from Apple. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!!!!

Apple will give me $1100 for my MacPro!

M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, w/10GB Networking fucking ordered!

Thanks to the trade in this Mini is only going to cost me $200!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well, Got pissed off at the resolution issue with the old MacPro.

Looked at the Trade in value from Apple. WHAT THE FLYING FUCK!!!!

Apple will give me $1100 for my MacPro!

M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, w/10GB Networking fucking ordered!

Thanks to the trade in this Mini is only going to cost me $200!
Sweeeeeeeeet!

I definitely want to know what you think of the Mini M1. That’s the specs I wanted to get but only need the 1GB Ethernet.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The best part, I still have the old wall mount for my previous Mini, and since its the same physical size I can re-use it.

Since the trade-in saved me so much, I also just bought floating monitor arm rated to hold the massiveness of the G9. This way I can reclaim all of th deskspace below it that the stand is using. Its a wide ass stand.

1625947253241.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Ryzen 5800x CPU and RTX 2080: CHECK
Samsung Odyssey G9 240hz gaming monitor: CHECK
Logitech G29 Wheel? CHECK!

Gaming Chair that doesn't roll around requiring me to hold myself in place with my left foot: CRITICAL FAILURE!

Damn I love 240hz and G-Sync. Doing 150fps at the minimum, and upwards of 210fps.

This just in, a rolling office chair is a Fucking Terrible chair for playing with a wheel/pedal box! I did not think that part through at all!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Uuugh. Well during my move to the new house my wife’s pc took a tumble out of the car and landed on the corner of the case. Bad news is the case is fucked, fan is cracked, and worse of all it powers up but won’t boot at all not even BIOS. It’s old i5 something. I’ll have to build something for her in the next month or so.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Uuugh. Well during my move to the new house my wife’s pc took a tumble out of the car and landed on the corner of the case. Bad news is the case is fucked, fan is cracked, and worse of all it powers up but won’t boot at all not even BIOS. It’s old i5 something. I’ll have to build something for her in the next month or so.
Reseat everyrhing. Could just be a loose CPU or ram

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well this incoming 3070 ti has changed up my gameplan a bit. I wasn't expecting to win a shuffle so soon. Or at all.

Guess I'm shopping for a 5600X / B550 combo!! And some memory. And maybe an nvme for good measure.

I don't even know why I'm doing all this, I do not need to be spending money on this kinda shit right now. Whatever tho. I tend to stick with a build for years, so I definitely get my moneys worth out of it. I looked back at my newegg history, and it seems I purchased my current processor/mobo setup back in 2013 :LOL: It's still a pretty capable setup even today as long as youre not doing anything too extreme. the AMD FX8350 is no slouch.

I dont think I ever posted it in here, but w/ that setup and my GTX 970, I captured this in Project Cars with the worst weather possible on and almost everything maxed out just to see if I could melt anything. Still ran an average FPS of 47, which isnt HORRIBLE for what I've got :LOL:

But anyways, need to get a motherboard nailed down. I've been leaning toward this one for some reason

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
If you aren't overclocking, the Mobo becomes more of a "does this have all the features I want?" search and basically choosing the cheapest one.

Right now, I'm behind AMD until they flub it up. Intel may eventually leap frog them, but while they are comparable I'll choose to loose a few fps, for better multi-threading performance.

And right now, I'm playing Portal 2 again, so much fun still. Especially since I haven't played the game in like 2-3 years. So I've forgotten most of the puzzles.

No mods needed at all for 5120x1440, a 10 year old game worked out of the box on a 32:9 resolution. Some of these developers need to learn how to make their HUD and GUI's work in any aspect ratio.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also,

Having played at 240hz, I"ll never go back. The G-sync and 100hz+ is so good. 120hz would probably be just fine. I don't think I can really tell the difference between 120 and 240.

As long as its smooth and has no screen tearing I'm good. 60hz was nice, mostly because with vsync on the GPU would idle down and the system wasn't taxed. But now that I can just let it rip and not worry about screen tearing I'm down for letting the fans get a work out.

Doom Eternal with HDR and RayTracing is OMG.

iRacing at 240fps is uhmazing in ultra wide screen.

I think the 2080 could probably run another 2 monitors without dropping below 60fps. but this Ultra wide is format is where i wanna be.

Once the monitor arm gets here I'll be able to swing the monitor closer to my face while playing racing games and such, which will increase the immersion.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I tried the Project Cars 2 demo. Compared to iRacing i feel like I'm driving on ice. iRacing is superior. But limited car set, simpler graphics, and limited track set. And it really doesn't do any 'street cars' like the other games. Its all race prepped cars.

I would consider Forza Horizon, but honestly the last one I played was #2 and i hated it.

Now that I remembered it, I'm gonna install Street Legal and see if I can get it to run. Its a 20 year old game, but we'll see.

I'd love to get NFS: Porsche Unleashed working. But while I can get teh game to work in the menu system, I've never been able to start a race.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I never got into PC2. I've also never played iracing, but I would say you're probably right in your assessment. PC2 just wasn't all there. I actually never played Horizon 2 either. If you're gonna jump into one, I'd say give Horizon 3 a shot. I've played the HELL outta 4, but 3 is still the one to play

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Christ I spent more time looking at NVMe's tonight than anything else :LOL: Think I've come up with a gameplan tho.

AMD 5600x (which actually just dropped 10 bucks on amazon tonight)
Asus ROG Strix B550-F mobo
Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600 CL16
Sabrent Rocket Gen 4 1 TB NVMe

Even tho they have the rocket 4 plus now, but that's like 50 bucks more, and then you're into Samsung territory

Either way, combined w/ the 3070 ti, I think that's good enough to last me another 10 years :LOL:

Thread Info