đź’¬ OT đź’» Post your computer setup

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
yeah they are still cheap. you can still get 650w for $75....and they last fucking years.

I think the 1000w I have in my pc is now 8+ years old. and a handful of other 500w that are 5+ years old.

PSUs just don't fail as often IMO. Especially if you spend a couple extra bucks and get a certified one.

Yeah I have a 650 and if I want to run a 3080 and OC it with a monster CPU, I cant. The 3080 itself stock is asking for over 300w. I need a 750 or better and they are like $300 now on amazon for a gold or better modular PSU. If I get one of those, I can just swap out the unit and not have to rewire my rig.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Yeah I have a 650 and if I want to run a 3080 and OC it with a monster CPU, I cant. The 3080 itself stock is asking for over 300w. I need a 750 or better and they are like $300 now on amazon for a gold or better modular PSU. If I get one of those, I can just swap out the unit and not have to rewire my rig.
stop using amazon for PC parts

$160, full modular gold 850W

$210 for a semi-modular gold 1000w

Reactions: RedBeard

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
stop using amazon for PC parts

$160, full modular gold 850W

$210 for a semi-modular gold 1000w

Lol I'd be happy to pay MC prices if there was one local to me. Dont forget Im in Florida. So feel free to head to MC and buy one for me, and I'll PP you the money and you can ship it over...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So about that 3080 launch tho...

Long story short, the collective of electronics online stores crashed all at 9am EST and only a fraction of customers got one. I was refreshing the Nvidia store as well as BB online and at 8:59 it was notify me, then at 9am it went to out of stock.

Twitter blew up with posts from asshole bot users that were able to clean out the Nvidia store 15 at a time. And 99% of the cards that actually got bought, are on ebay now for $10k.

And Best Buy had lines at almost every store, and no Best Buy got any cards in stock today over the whole country. Only the UK folks seems to be getting any, and they are the shitty Zotac ones from some off brand store that charges shitloads for shipping.

This was a complete cluster fuck. Reddit is on fire with people calling for Nvidia's site to be hacked and their company to be sued. Its unreal.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
nice ninja edit there :bowrofl:

yeah figured this was going to happen. Too bad people are shitty and nvidia is allowing this. I'm sure they can see who used a script to get a few dozen cards.
I was at MC last week and the sales associate wouldn't tell me how many cards they were going to have. Sure enough they were all cleared out instantly

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So about that 3080 launch tho...

Long story short, the collective of electronics online stores crashed all at 9am EST and only a fraction of customers got one. I was refreshing the Nvidia store as well as BB online and at 8:59 it was notify me, then at 9am it went to out of stock.

Twitter blew up with posts from asshole bot users that were able to clean out the Nvidia store 15 at a time. And 99% of the cards that actually got bought, are on ebay now for $10k.

And Best Buy had lines at almost every store, and no Best Buy got any cards in stock today over the whole country. Only the UK folks seems to be getting any, and they are the shitty Zotac ones from some off brand store that charges shitloads for shipping.

This was a complete cluster fuck. Reddit is on fire with people calling for Nvidia's site to be hacked and their company to be sued. Its unreal.

Kinda like vendors pre-selling the PS5 before it was supposed to be. People weren't ready and poof, they were gone. Now they're on eBay with crazy markups.

Reactions: IDAFC21

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Was refreshing Best Buy, Nvidia, Newegg (gave up before the release time cause it was crashed), Amazon. Never saw anything in stock. Drove over to Best Buy and was ~10th in line when they opened. They didn’t get anything, half the people there were for PS5 pre-ordering lol.

Can’t say I’m surprised with Rona affecting production but I just don’t understand why things like this aren’t limited to Qty 1 per person for the first week.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Was refreshing Best Buy, Nvidia, Newegg (gave up before the release time cause it was crashed), Amazon. Never saw anything in stock. Drove over to Best Buy and was ~10th in line when they opened. They didn’t get anything, half the people there were for PS5 pre-ordering lol.

Can’t say I’m surprised with Rona affecting production but I just don’t understand why things like this aren’t limited to Qty 1 per person for the first week.

So theres a story going around on twitter that some website was writing bot software that basically cleaned out all the online stores the second they went live. Read this shit.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
And now PCMR is fighting back on the scalpers...Ahahaha

1600401445141.png

Thread Info