20211206_213342.jpg
20211206_211326.jpg
20211206_213300.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand my first day back on seconds results in the tree being pulled over by the little one. Luckily she is ok and didnt even freak out apparently. Ornaments are gonna come off and I am trying to find a way to secure it from doing that again. I am a little stumped on the securing part though.
My wife and I were worried about our youngest pulling down the tree when she was younger. So for the first few years we would get one of those big dog gates that you open up and can put it in any shape (it's like 5-6 panels). It did the job. Didn't have to worry about our daughter grabbing ornaments or the tree. Now since she's 4, she grabs the candy looking ornaments and plays with them. Lol.

Reactions: Fish and Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
My sister had that problem. I attached the base of her tree to a huge round plywood base i cutout using some bungee cords and hose clamps around the base. Then she placed the tree skirt down and wrapped some bricks in boxes and put those under the tree. Thing was solid after that.

Small eye hook in the wall. Tie some fishing thread around the stump halfway up. Attach fishing line to the eye hook.

My wife and I were worried about our youngest pulling down the tree when she was younger. So for the first few years we would get one of those big dog gates that you open up and can put it in any shape (it's like 5-6 panels). It did the job. Didn't have to worry about our daughter grabbing ornaments or the tree. Now since she's 4, she grabs the candy looking ornaments and plays with them. Lol.

Thanks for the input guys! I might do a combo of the bigger plywood base and fish thread with an eye hook. I have already spent enough money on gates this year and dont want to buy another one just for the tree. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Thanks for the input guys! I might do a combo of the bigger plywood base and fish thread with an eye hook. I have already spent enough money on gates this year and dont want to buy another one just for the tree. :rofl:
It worked for 3 years and now just sits in a crawlspace. Lol. I honestly forget I even have it. But it did work.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I can only imagine what I spent over the year on Amazon. My wife and I are on a bunch of those deal pages on fb and they post up coupon codes that bring the prices down as much as 90% (sometimes free- but those tend to get cancelled). So at the beginning of the year, my wife and I start our Christmas shopping early and just put the boxes away. Have a bunch in our closet, in the garage on shelves and the floor, and we were close to needing to store them in our storage facility. Lol. I'll be surprised if the amount we spent doesn't amount to much.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So now we have two trees. I panic bought a second when the lights went out on the top of the first. This one’s in the basement with all my childhood ornaments my wife says are too ugly for our upstairs tree :rofl:. Does white or multicolor led, and I figured since it has all my childhood ornaments on it I would leave it multicolor like or tree always was growing up. It’s 7.5’ and I think our basement ceiling is about 7’4” at the highest point :rofl:

A20B9AF6-2FDF-467B-A650-ABFFBD0F7696.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info