Post your Christmas tree v.2021

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
We don't have kids and I'm a Grinch so my poor wife did this and with the amount she's been working she's just tuckered out.

Cat sure likes it though.

PXL_20211205_132126019.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ours, we have been cutting ours down for 15yrs. Went to do the same the day after Turkey Day. Very slim pickings, so bought a pre-cut they (Lee’s Trees) cut down from their Wisconsin tree farm. Sounds like local tree farms will be in bad shape the next few years and no not due to Covid or Biden.

Tree has been up with lights on for 2 weeks now. Nobody wants to put ornaments on, so fuck it. No ornaments this year, I wouldn’t even have a tree if up to me. The kids are adults now so fuck a tree. It’s always been their job to hang the ornaments. Which BTW we have a TON of ornaments.

1658D127-1B87-4D45-8CC7-E173CB3227AF.jpeg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I feel every year I care less and less about ornaments. Mostly because we either have some kind of animal around at the time that fucks with them, not living in our own place, or now a toddler that fucks with them. :rofl:

We also have a shit ton of ornaments. TBF, a lot of them are mine from when I was a kid that my mom gave me and about 7 "babys first christmas" for my oldest. :rofl:

Reactions: Shawn1112

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
5F4E3E44-516E-4352-BB57-5CB4BAD7376A.jpeg

Pre lit tree, think we’ve had it about 5 years. Wife set it up while I was sleeping. Allegedly there was one bulb out at the top that she “fixed” and then the whole top of the tree went out. I bought the Christmas light repair gun, tested every bulb in the top section and still couldn’t get it to illuminate. My guess is she pulled a wire out of the socket she “fixed”. Anyways I had to take all the prelit lights and clips off the top section and just wrapped two strands around it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand my first day back on seconds results in the tree being pulled over by the little one. Luckily she is ok and didnt even freak out apparently. Ornaments are gonna come off and I am trying to find a way to secure it from doing that again. I am a little stumped on the securing part though.

• Wow
Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy has given the kids an ornament each year for their entire lives so we have 84 kids ornaments plus ones we have collected for ourselves. Kids also made ornaments over the years. They have taken some of them for their trees and the rest are still on ours. Each one is full of history and memories.

qUpDRK8.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand my first day back on seconds results in the tree being pulled over by the little one. Luckily she is ok and didnt even freak out apparently. Ornaments are gonna come off and I am trying to find a way to secure it from doing that again. I am a little stumped on the securing part though.

My sister had that problem. I attached the base of her tree to a huge round plywood base i cutout using some bungee cords and hose clamps around the base. Then she placed the tree skirt down and wrapped some bricks in boxes and put those under the tree. Thing was solid after that.

Reactions: DanJ and Fish

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Small eye hook in the wall. Tie some fishing thread around the stump halfway up. Attach fishing line to the eye hook.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info